Hoshor Plains pretty like the wind
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
971 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Vairë‘s expression became shadowed while she spoke, and Njord’s face darkened as he commiserated. It was a familiar tale, one Njord had lived through, and the shards of an old reverie mirrored fresh pain in the redtail’s heart.

“Ah’m sorry this happened to you, lass,” his roughhewn voice said sincerely. “Truly.”

They might never know why Rhaegal abandoned his family. To Njord, he was a faithful wolf and a capable man. One who didn’t fit the role of a deserter. Had he been killed, then? He observed Vairë‘s sorrow and saw a memory of Meerkat’s face.

And… this meant their seaside village was no more. Vairë was in Moonglow’s tent, and so Njord assumed she, and her children, had been reabsorbed under Kukutux’s wing.

“Ah came, wantin’ tae offer a connection of kinship. Tae ken you an’ your children as relatives,” he explained. “My mate an’ I, Meerkat, have settled a village in tha Hinterlands. Our daughter, Seal, earns her place at Moonspear. They share blood, an’ Ah was hopin’ for them to regard each other as such.”

He paused for a short while. “But… after what’s happened, Ah cannae blame ye if you no be wishin’ this,” the man said.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
pretty like the wind - by Njord - December 28, 2023, 02:59 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Vairë - December 28, 2023, 03:36 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Njord - December 28, 2023, 05:35 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Vairë - December 28, 2023, 05:51 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Njord - December 28, 2023, 07:06 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Vairë - December 28, 2023, 07:30 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Njord - December 28, 2023, 08:31 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Vairë - December 28, 2023, 09:04 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Njord - December 31, 2023, 03:15 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Vairë - January 01, 2024, 01:22 PM
RE: pretty like the wind - by Njord - January 21, 2024, 10:49 AM