Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,289 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He laughed! And together they buffeted one another as boys might, between comments and stories. Njord's laughter dwarfed his own for a time and Kaluktuk waited for the lull of his breath so he could answer, Her name is Ariadne. She is a daughter of Kukutux; founder of her own village, Moonsong! In the spring she will be fat because of me, and then you must come and see what is born! The thought of being a father again was frightening and exciting, and Kaluktuk wanted it to be known that he had been chosen again. It was rare for any man to find love once, but twice? He could only wish for better luck this time around.

When Njord went on to explain his own new home, Kaluktuk took note. He would be sure to send gifts that way once Dutch returned to the village; perhaps a trade could be established between the villages, and hunters sent to help Njord and his wife while they built from the ground up.

That is far! Did you grow tired of the sunshine people? He said this with the same joking air as before but, Kaluktuk was also deeply curious.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
who do I trust? - by Njord - December 28, 2023, 03:11 PM
RE: who do I trust? - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 05:41 PM
RE: who do I trust? - by Njord - December 28, 2023, 07:19 PM
RE: who do I trust? - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 07:43 PM
RE: who do I trust? - by Njord - December 31, 2023, 03:58 PM
RE: who do I trust? - by Kigipigak - January 02, 2024, 06:17 PM
RE: who do I trust? - by Njord - January 29, 2024, 11:36 PM