Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,267 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak knew what he would choose if he were in his right mind, because what Njord proceeded to offer was of great value. In the moment he listened and was greatly tempted; but when Asivaq spoke her refusal and he saw her tears, he was brought back to their reality: a dead son, weeks of work that left him absent from the lives of the other children, a wife who was losing herself. The forest was cursed — even Kigipigak with his level head and Tartok upbringing could agree with that.

He was about to speak up in alignment with his wife when Njord's woman cut in, and Kigipigak was caught in the glare of her righteousness. Her added insults brought a rigidity to Kigipigak's spine - and he moved instinctively to stand as a bulwark between Meerkat and his family, as if he could absorb the sting of her words before they could wound the others.

He glared back as Meerkat took her leave. Then, looking to Njord, Kigipigak made the final declaration: For the sake of you my aokatti I will choose forgiveness towards your woman, who doesn't know what she's talking about. For our own sakes we will be leaving. He did not soften at all in the presence of his friend now, too agitated by the commentary of a stranger who has no knowledge of their true struggles.

Goodbye my friend. I hope one day our children do meet, and do become as close as we dreamed. With that he began to herd the children along again.

Sisamat watched the goings-on and the retreat of the woman, his expression focused like his father's, as if he understood something about the events unfolding; and when Kigipigak began to organize them all, he was up and tugging at Malguk to follow.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
i was supposed to be sent away - by Ariadne - April 24, 2024, 02:28 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Tautukpik - April 24, 2024, 02:38 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Kigipigak - April 24, 2024, 02:47 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Njord - April 24, 2024, 04:26 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Ariadne - April 25, 2024, 12:07 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Meerkat - April 25, 2024, 12:14 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Kigipigak - April 25, 2024, 01:57 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Njord - April 26, 2024, 10:29 AM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Ariadne - April 26, 2024, 12:08 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Meerkat - April 26, 2024, 12:25 PM