Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,289 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
I am interested in our children! In you, too! I love my family and want the best for them; if you wanted me to learn you should have— but here his words faltered, because he had to temper himself again and because he knew swallowing his feelings was the best course of action; he need not go further than the raising of his voice, he did not want to give Kukutux more fuel, he did not want to alienate the one last connection to his family through Asivaq—but by now there was no escaping the argument or the fact that others could hear them. I always felt like you did not cae about my ways!

Her promise to him now, that he would be welcome to visit the children and to be their father, eased some of the hurt he felt; but he was filled with anger, too. He lay blame, and she lay blame, and together they had become raised voices; where once there had been love and connection to flaunt before the world, now there was only the storming of their rivaled upbringing.

Kigipigak paced, and said some things under his breath in the far-flung northland language of Tartok; he saw the fox laying in the grass and thought of their son, but did not linger long in his regard of it. My mind is made up.

He turned to look at her again, stone-faced, breathing heavily. Then so be it, Ariadne.

Kigipigak wanted to say so much more, but he knew he should hold his tongue. She had given him all she could and he must be satisfied with that, for at the very least he could still perform his duties as a father; although shame now filled him, knowing he had failed a second time at building a family.

Without another word, he turned and he marched from the empty sleeping place, leaving the fox forgotten in the grass.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 11:41 AM
RE: taimmalikii - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 11:50 AM
RE: taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 12:04 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 12:21 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 12:42 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 12:54 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 01:08 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 01:24 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 01:45 PM