Ouroboros Spine qitunġaġiit

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,299 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak saw what the argument had done to the children now, as Nutuyikruk cried and did her best to assuage her father's own heartsick feelings, which made him feel so much worse; and he found himself blaming Ariadne for this pain, which he knew was unfair but he could not help. A true partnership of an issumatar and their chosen sangilak could last for years but it was Ariadne's choice, and it had been made.

I am. But I will never be very far, and I will always come back. He promised this, speaking as plainly as he could for the girl's sake. As much as she hurt, he knew she was innocent and to some degree ignorant of what had truly transpired. Nutuyikruk and the other children would come to see his absence most blatantly, as Kigipigak had spent the two weeks following their move almost exclusively with them; and that was unfortunate, that they should be wounded in this way.

Your mother loves you, and I love you. Be nice to her, okay? Listen to her. At this, he saw an expression of hurt upon Akmaaksi and then witnessed the girl turn and flee back to Vaire's sleeping place, which earned a small sigh; and then he saw Tautukpik drawn again in to the tug-of-war between the two. One sister crying, one sister angry. Kigipigak's expression softens enough to let Tau know to go, if he wants to. The boy whines softly and then vanishes in to the ulaq after her.

With Nutuyikruk alone now, Kigipigak holds her tightly. You will grow up big and strong, and we will go on adventures together. Okay? I promise.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
qitunġaġiit - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 02:10 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Nutuyikruk - May 19, 2024, 02:18 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Vairë - May 19, 2024, 02:32 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 02:40 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Nutuyikruk - May 19, 2024, 03:11 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Nantahala - May 19, 2024, 03:31 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 03:54 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Nutuyikruk - May 19, 2024, 04:30 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 04:49 PM
RE: qitunġaġiit - by Nutuyikruk - May 20, 2024, 02:34 PM