Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,289 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He does not know how long he waits. He does not know if Kivaluk is coming, or perhaps he will be left alone in these woods to feel all the things he had so far tried to swallow; but, it is fortunate for Kigipigak that his son does arrive. He is cold, which is to be expected—but the fact that he had come at all is akin to an olive branch extended. A small one, frost-bitten.

Kivaluk. He sighs the name.

I... What could he say? This had not been planned. It is good to see you. Although it felt one-sided, a fact which radiated with great uncertainty and pain for Kigipigak. It was a feeling he had gotten from Ariadne as well.

I wanted—I have some news, he had never been so uncertain with his words before! What was this? Where had the pride gone? You have a baby brother, and two sisters. That was a good place to start, he thought. Somewhere that brought him the better feelings, even if the thought of his three children brought to mind their own turmoil.

And that Ariadne has decided I am not her husband—any longer. This was a harder pill to swallow, a more difficult truth to voice. But he presented it to Kivaluk so that nothing was hidden. And while I know we have our problems you and I...

I ask if I may find a home here, so that I might be close to all of my children. He wondered what Kivaluk would make of this, or if he would also deny him; it would be understandable, and Kigipigak would not fault him for saying no.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
aŋayukłiq - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 02:26 PM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kivaluk - May 19, 2024, 03:25 PM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 04:04 PM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kivaluk - May 25, 2024, 12:23 PM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kigipigak - May 25, 2024, 01:02 PM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kivaluk - May 25, 2024, 04:57 PM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kigipigak - May 25, 2024, 05:41 PM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kivaluk - May 26, 2024, 05:27 AM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kigipigak - May 26, 2024, 02:42 PM
RE: aŋayukłiq - by Kivaluk - May 26, 2024, 05:42 PM