Redhawk Caldera defeated

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,299 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
They arrive together. While Kivaluk looks to be mourning, he holds a certain strength as well; and when his wife speaks, it is with sympathy in her tone. Kigipigak breathes. He doesn't know what he is going to say until he begins to say it, and as he speaks he lets his gaze drop to the earth.

I wanted to -- apologize, for being absent from this place. I have been hunting for my daughter Nutuyikruk; she went missing around the time of... Everything else. He did not want to speak of Ariadne. His last words about her had been for her, and now it hurt too much to even think of her. He only saw that image of her at the bottom of the lake.

The other two remain in Moonglow for now. I would like them to come here, if possible. To live here. But, he thought of how the moon wolves mourned the loss of another daughter, and how they might also mourn the loss of the children should they be removed from that environment — and the absence both Akmaaksi and Tautukpik might experience when removed, too. I don't know if it would be a good idea. To not have their mother, and then to not have those they have grown up with... I suppose I ask you both for advice.

He could not do this alone. An earlier iteration of Kigipigak would've believed otherwise.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
defeated - by Kigipigak - July 25, 2024, 03:48 PM
RE: defeated - by Kivaluk - July 26, 2024, 04:09 AM
RE: defeated - by Chickadee - July 26, 2024, 11:57 AM
RE: defeated - by Kigipigak - July 26, 2024, 08:23 PM
RE: defeated - by Kivaluk - July 27, 2024, 07:13 AM
RE: defeated - by Chickadee - August 06, 2024, 08:19 AM