Bramblepoint sleep, little darling; do not cry

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,299 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The woman looked spooked; despite Kigipigak's effort not to startle her, which left him a touch reluctant. However he had to know, he had to employ as many sets of eyes as he could upon this task of finding his daughter. Maybe this woman was on the run herself - it didn't matter. In this venture Kigipigak was wholly selfish.

My daughter. He drew closer, not wanting to raise his voice, so he could save the shouting for his next excursion and the subsequent calling of, Nutuyikruk.

Our family is in a place called Moonglow, a village. About a week ago - maybe longer now - there was... an accident, her mother, ah, he found himself verbally stumbling. It hurt to speak about the loss. It is just me now and the kids, but Nutu, she is missing.

There is a pleading note in his voice despite how stalwart he wishes to appear, a festering wound to his heart. I have looked for her for many days. Have you seen anything? Any child roaming without a guardian? Please, I need to know.

The woman might have been a mother herself, judging by her age - or perhaps her uneasiness came from the passing of the season, and contending against the draw of men to her body. It didn't matter - only finding Nutuyikruk mattered.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
sleep, little darling; do not cry - by Lilitu - July 26, 2024, 10:45 PM
RE: sleep, little darling; do not cry - by Kigipigak - July 26, 2024, 10:54 PM
RE: sleep, little darling; do not cry - by Lilitu - July 26, 2024, 11:52 PM
RE: sleep, little darling; do not cry - by Kigipigak - August 01, 2024, 02:26 PM
RE: sleep, little darling; do not cry - by Lilitu - August 05, 2024, 02:40 PM