we'd feed well the land, and worry the sheep
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Every wolf knew play was nobler than work -- and few were so enlightened to that mantra than Caiaphas. Play sharpened reflexes -- it honed skill -- it prepared every juvenile (and sometimes, not juvenile) for the darker aspects of survival.

When Nakai issued rebuke in the form of his own gigantic crescent-splash, Caiaphas was not quick enough to dodge it. She pivoted on her hindquarters, yielding away from the splash -- yet it did little to reduce the amount of frigid frostwater that fell upon her coat. She exhaled sharply, surprised by the cold of it -- and quickly she shook her pelt of the offensive water.

As Nakai diverged his attention to the shrimp Caiaphas skimmed the water with her snout. With a deft move of her muzzle she flicked her jaws upwards and a plump shrimp flew into the air. She tore after it, scrabbling wildly in the sand after the thrashing thing with an excited whine.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
we'd feed well the land, and worry the sheep - by Caiaphas - January 06, 2015, 08:45 PM
RE: we'd feed well the land, and worry the sheep - by Caiaphas - January 16, 2015, 03:15 PM