Heron Lake Plateau Is it cool that I said all that?
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Holycrapola, 'Nivea' is like...The perfect nickname for her given that the sign for her name is close to the sign for bathing. GENIUSSSS. Now if only the wolves would get the joke...

Niamh had hoped for a better reaction. Though Fiadh didn't start signing to her immediately, she understood the body language and facial expression easily; she bristled, shoulders tensing and her lips quivered. She didn't even seem impressed in the least that Niamh had started learning Ptero, and that the wolf teaching her was their alpha. None of it seemed to matter, which disheartened Niamh quite a bit. She wilted visibly, ears turning back and tail slumping when Fiadh made a slight movement away from her- but she stopped when another joined them. 

Niamh recognized him, vaguely, as one of the two wolves who'd been protecting the pack's youngest members- and therefore, that meant that this was Elwood, Finley's mate, and mother to Fiadh. She crouched slightly, ready to scamper back should he show any aggression or resentment or even maybe if he thought she was going to attack Fiadh. It seemed all too likely that the Caldera wolves would rather judge her and assume she meant harm than anything else. Instead, though, he surprised her; and complimented her on her ptero. Her tail waved a bit, and she smiled, shyly. -Thanks,- She signed back, but wasn't sure if he saw her, as Fiadh, too, began to sign. 

She was addressed briefly, with deft and quick gestures and she realized that she might be in over her head if that was how Fiadh wanted to talk...There was no way she'd be able to keep up. She signed to her father, then, something about the word 'talk' and whatever the last word was, she didn't recognize the sign, but the body language and facial expression she understood immediately. Feeling like an unwelcome and unwanted presence, she turned her gaze down and stepped back a few paces. "I'll let you two talk, uhm, see you later," she said, and giving Elwood a respectful nod of her head, as well as an appreciative smile- hey, he'd actually been nice to her!- she turned and sauntered off toward the lake.
Messages In This Thread
Is it cool that I said all that? - by Fiadh - May 07, 2018, 09:19 AM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by RIP Niamh - May 07, 2018, 11:37 PM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by Elwood - May 09, 2018, 08:19 PM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by Fiadh - May 09, 2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by RIP Niamh - May 09, 2018, 11:27 PM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by Elwood - May 10, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by Fiadh - May 10, 2018, 08:56 PM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by Elwood - May 14, 2018, 12:02 PM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by Fiadh - May 20, 2018, 11:36 PM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by Elwood - May 21, 2018, 11:54 AM
RE: Is it cool that I said all that? - by Fiadh - May 24, 2018, 12:52 PM