Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
WC: 502
--------------------------------------------------
As Hyacinth grabbed another part of the carcass, Niamh growled roughly and pulled backwards, pinning her feet against the ground and leaning back, spreading her toes to give herself more traction. She likely had a bit of a weight advantage over the pretty, petite female, so she pulled directly backwards, lurching every now and again as she sought to get a better foothold and pull the carcass toward her. With the frail state it was in, she tried to avoid the temptation of shaking her head to tear it from Hyacinth’s jaws- but given the fact that it had already been picked over a fair bit before she even got to settle down and eat her fill, there wasn’t much left and what was left, was hardly holding together well at all.

Joints and sinews began to tear, but the sounds didn’t gross Niamh out at all- those were simply the chorus of sounds one would expect when eating a meal on any normal occasion as a wolf. It was a slight warning of what was to come, but Niamh stubbornly refused to give up on her hold of the deer’s hind leg. She scanned over the carcass, paying particularly close attention to the remains closest to Hyacinth’s mouth and caught herself grinning as she noticed that the flesh and joint there had begun to separate and thought for a moment that she had the upper hand. If she gave her portion a good shake, surely the part nearest Hyacinth would tear and she would get away with the greater share. What she failed to notice was that the knee joint only inches from her mouth was in far worse condition- so when she gave the carcass an aggressive shake, she didn’t end up coming away with a hefty chunk of meat- instead, she was left with no more than a spindly hind leg, as though she’d just lost in a wishbone pulling contest.

And as if that wasn’t enough, due to the fact that her portion was so small, Niamh had pulled far too hard for her own good. Though Hyacinth was sent backwards as well, at least the weight of the meat she’d won had balanced her out more than Niamh’s portion balanced her out. With the sudden dislocation of the joint, Niamh was sent flying backwards, tumbling arse over tea kettle in a heap of long, gangly legs, smacking her head on the ground with an audible thud. It was a hard enough impact to make her dizzy and feeble, and kept her grounded, though still clinging onto the deer’s leg which had now been bitten into two portions as well. Dazed and reeling, and likely worse off than normal due to the fact that she had had a severe concussion once in her life already, she tried to stop the world from spinning by staring at a spot on the ground directly before, but ended up squeezing her eyes shut, and hoping that the unpleasant feeling would pass.
-------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
I thought the suits had come for me - by RIP Niamh - September 04, 2018, 07:26 PM
RE: I thought the suits had come for me - by Hyacinth (R.I.P) - September 07, 2018, 02:55 PM
RE: I thought the suits had come for me - by RIP Niamh - September 10, 2018, 06:02 PM
RE: I thought the suits had come for me - by Hyacinth (R.I.P) - September 14, 2018, 01:13 PM
RE: I thought the suits had come for me - by RIP Niamh - September 23, 2018, 09:01 PM
RE: I thought the suits had come for me - by RIP Niamh - November 01, 2018, 02:31 PM
RE: I thought the suits had come for me - by RIP Niamh - November 02, 2018, 02:23 PM
RE: I thought the suits had come for me - by RIP Niamh - November 02, 2018, 07:13 PM
RE: I thought the suits had come for me - by RIP Niamh - November 11, 2018, 12:46 AM