Moonspear my wings are fire, and you cannot break my will
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
All Welcome 
arcturus had returned to moonspear some time ago, the trail of his sisters gone cold. in the weeks that followed arcturus moped; he was unconditioned to the absence of siblings, and mostly, missed hydra's guidance.

in a way he felt he had failed her; she had gone to find one sibling, he had gone to find her -- but he was too young, and too inexperienced - he could not sustain himself beyond moonspear and had been quickly turned from the inhospitable wild.

he missed also the summer nights; as of late the moon seemed colder, the sun more distant. this inexplicable change brought with it a fire of frost that hazed the stones in the morning, their icy breath lingering on blades of grass and fallen leaves. more confusing yet was the rash of flame to douse the mountainside; the trees were a vivid color arcturus had never seen before.

all this change, it perplexed the boy -- he was distressed, in his own way.

and then, yami disappeared.

he wrestled with this more than anything. his sweet, devious sister had gone. her scent practically dropped off of the mountain one day, and arcturus was both deeply wounded and hurt by grief: had she left him, too? or had something gotten her?

the boy was lowing quietly to himself as he paced up and down the rough face of the mountain. his voice was long gone from calling for yami; a rasp and a click was all the accompanied the labors of his tongue, and his eyes once bright with youth seemed disconsolate and sunken.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
my wings are fire, and you cannot break my will - by Arcturus - October 16, 2018, 07:32 PM