Heron Lake Plateau It's never been the lens that I see through
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Wee hunt, for giggles. Open to a max of 3 more wuffs, just t keep it moving quickly; will go for next round onnnnn the 30th or when 3 others have replied, whichever comes first. Will do a dice roll then to see if it's successful or nay.

While Niamh was a capable hunter, a deer wasn't something she could bring down on her own. She sent up a high pitched call when she noticed the tracks of a small herd, freshly dimpling the snow along the borders, with the intention of instigating a hunt. She was hungry- she was almost always hungry- and a rabbit wasn't going to cut it that morning. No, she wanted something much more substantial, and she didn't care if she had to forget her recent antisocial behavior and call upon others in order to get it. Hunt didn't generally involve personal talk, and if she could simply gather a few packmates together, bring down a good meal, eat and ditch- she'd be happy. 

The tracks led South, so she simply assumed that the small herd- she thought she could make out the tracks of 6 or 7 deer- was still in the plateau. She chose to wait to gather the others together, though, before tracking them down- lest one of the younger members want to join, and in their inexperience, spook the herd and drive them out of their pack's territories. She figured this was a safe place to gather, before they began to track the deer down. They weren't far away- and they likely would have heard her call, but she intended to approach them from an angle they wouldn't suspect- thereby using her howl as a means of spooking them right into her direction, if they could surpass the herd.
Messages In This Thread
It's never been the lens that I see through - by RIP Niamh - December 28, 2018, 06:44 PM
RE: It's never been the lens that I see through - by Phox - December 30, 2018, 01:13 PM
RE: It's never been the lens that I see through - by Clover - December 30, 2018, 01:40 PM
RE: It's never been the lens that I see through - by Phox - January 02, 2019, 05:28 PM
RE: It's never been the lens that I see through - by Phox - January 16, 2019, 02:22 PM
RE: It's never been the lens that I see through - by Phox - February 09, 2019, 01:54 PM
RE: It's never been the lens that I see through - by Clover - February 12, 2019, 09:15 AM