Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Private 
[Image: 2pyz6sn.png]
^^A fella I saw while driving through the rockies a few years ago. In the spring, they come down from the mountains to lick the salt off the roads :) This fella stayed in the middle of the road for like....10 mins so I had to like...Wait, and then sneak past him in my little car hahaha.

"They were over this way, just across the river yesterday," She explained to Clover as they walked. "We should be able to cross where that avalanche came down into the river," She said, volunteering that as the safest route to get across, provided that the bighorn sheep were still hanging out near the base of the mountain. With the temperature rising a bit, they'd seemingly come down from their safe zone high in the mountains across the river to drink and dig through the snow to find buried grass, and had caught Niamh's attention as she'd been on patrol the day before. They looked like tough animals- but they were also much smaller than deer, at least in height, so as long as they could get between the sheep and the mountain- where it would definitely have the upper hand on the higher ground- they'd have a chance at bringing one down. 

As they neared the edge of the forest that bordered the river, Niamh went into stealth mode, lowering herself a bit as she cast her gaze across the river, halting when she caught sight of the pale, beige animals that had stayed in almost the same place she'd seen them the day before. Creatures of habit, she guessed, which was fortunate for them. If the bighorn sheep kept up this behavior, that would make them a primary source of food for the wolves in the copse. She motioned to @Clover to take a look at them with a happy, hungry look in her eyes, before she gestured that they should continue. They'd have to cross about half a mile downriver where the avalanche debris made for easy, safe crossing. Before long, though, they would be out of earshot, so Niamh chuckled. "Dis gonna be goooood," She snickered.
Messages In This Thread
And I'm still tired of sleeping with the light on - by RIP Niamh - January 27, 2019, 04:16 PM