Ankyra Sound next time warn me when you're about to do something like that.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
crouching low to the ground and motioning for yami to do the same, caiaphas explained. "seal are not a meal we are naturally entitled to. they are stronger than us, and very clever. not like deer or elk, which spook at their own shadow. seals -- well, they're as close to us as something from the water would be." she glanced to see if yami was following, and then inched a little closer to where the seals were sunbathing on the rocks.

"they can be fast on land, but are faster in water. once they reach water, they escape every time. the best way to take them down is to hunt only their whelps -  or, if you can find one, an older one too sick or tired to swim."

she paused again, scanning the shore - none appeared to be whelps, and none appeared sick. "it is unlikely our hunt today will be successful, but you can at least learn something from it. its best to work in groups of four, i have found -- two to block egress to the water, and two to spook the seal into their jaws. it takes four to hold an average one down, and they are powerful with teeth just as sharp as ours. i usually go for their tail flippers - otherwise, you might get bitten."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: next time warn me when you're about to do something like that. - by Caiaphas - April 10, 2019, 03:53 PM