Ankyra Sound you, you will regret you ever stepped out of line
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@Vercingetorix - i know you are going on techiatus, so no rush - this can also be a RO, if you would like. some mild PP liberties taken (in line with what you posted in our MO) <3

"vercingetorix," the siren growled in salutation, coming to stride behind the rolling haunches of the cheka. her hawkbit eyes apprised him coldly, dourly even. it had not been easy to track him down this morning, and the male had proven he at least took his sentry duty on the borders seriously. (or perhaps, he was on the lookout for dragedans to slip into their reach unawares. caiaphas had not forgotten that possibility.)

"you have much to prove," caiaphas murmured, having noticed the way he often stared longingly at the mountains. perhaps that is where the dragedan forces regrouped, biding their time while one of their own worked from within. "i have a proposition for you."

she did not wait, naturally, for his answer (he was a cheeky man, and would likely get a word in edgewise regardless). "this time last year, a woman and her mate turned me and my cubs away from her pack. like you, we sought only safe harbor following the collapse of our home." she paused for a moment to let this sink in, idly glancing to the mountains that so often endured vercingetorix's longing glances. "we were turned away and it cost us everything. it nearly killed ephraim. it killed my mate. it fractured our family." she had only mentioned her ex-son then, to garner vercingetorix's attention and perhaps, give him a small snapshot in the events that had lead to her family's demise. "i would like to seek vengeance, and you are perhaps the only wolf i know that could help me. i would like you to come with me." with this, her thin muzzle turned from the misty mountains to vercingetorix, and she looked him full-bore.

"who knows.. it may give you a chance to reunite with whoever it is that lives in those mountains you are so fond of staring off into."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
you, you will regret you ever stepped out of line - by Caiaphas - May 04, 2019, 09:33 PM