Blacktail Deer Plateau when you look at me, i'll be digesting your legs
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
two years ago -- maybe even one -- no one could have stood before caiaphas and told her to leave. yet two years ago, caiaphas had had everything, and stood to lose it all in a single moment's heartbeat.

a mate.

a home.

four children of her own blood.

and now, she had nothing. a dead mate. a destroyed home. children scattered to the four winds, save for one, who stood before her somehow as rosalyn's stalwart and not her own mother's.

the joy that had bloomed in her gaze to see aningan died; withering in the manner of a rose subjected to the obscene. in her heart hate pumped its riotous fuel -- she had done all of this for her family, her legacy -- and in turn was met with their backs.

couldn't they see that? couldn't they understand, that those that had wronged them (and gods, there had been so many) deserved an end to their days? that living and hiding and hoping their enemies would not return was no way to live?

caiaphas could see in rosalyn and raleska, that point had never hit home.

rosalyn caiaphas had never loved. she had come to accept, and then begrudgingly respect, for the positive role the woman had played in her only daughter's life. all of those emotions now curdled, turned to ash in an instant on her tongue. her daughter begging her to leave was perhaps the cruelest cut of all -- for a long while caiaphas lifted her leering gaze, and looked upon the three of them with a chilling sense of growing grief.

no lingered on the tip of her tongue, waiting to be lashed in the face of her longest adversary. yet if she said no, she might stand to lose the last thing that was important to her -- her life. she had lost everything else, but her life, caiaphas would never forfeit.

a wrinkled sneer rose to her muzzle. any spearing riposte she had formulated to thrust into rosalyn's insufferable face had faded. if she was to be thrown to the dogs, she would not beg.

her gaze softened as it passed over aningan, and then hardened and lingered the longest on her daughter. betrayer. traitor. perhaps this was caiaphas' last come to grief moment -- the final possession she needed to shed to become whatever hideous thing it was the gods had in store for her. with nothing left to lose, what good could come of her final days?

a steely look overcame her. no, there was nothing left for her here.

in a dash of slurried grey, caiaphas fled rusalka.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when you look at me, i'll be digesting your legs - by Caiaphas - December 07, 2019, 10:22 AM