Firefly Glen i seen an emerald in the sky
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
All Welcome 
would like to try to get 3 scout/naturalist posts in but this isn't a trade heavy thread!
edit: also the weather widget hadn't loaded when i typed this but apparently there's 'heavy snow' which i'll be sure to mention starting in her next post bc fun stuff

polaris didn't like her new pack. it no longer came accompanied by a pang of guilt in its familiarity, she simply could not, would not try to make herself enjoy residing in such a place. she liked neither the woods themselves or the inhabitants that skulked about the looming shadows. where clay found a want to live out his days in such a place both perplexed and concerned the girl, along with his absence. since he'd brought her back he'd seemed to have completely abandoned her to get used to the change by herself, she didn't want to sound needy but...she was a tad hurt. maybe he hadn't wanted to bring her back there, did she seem too soft in the face of those soldier's? her nose wrinkles as she moves forth through the frigid air, long tail sweeping behind her. she didn't want to think about it right now, save it for when she was back under that suffocating canopy and left with nothing to do but think such oppresive thoughts.

right now her paws were light in their freedom and she would not let anything drag her down as she moved at an eager trot into new lands. she had decided she'd done enough moping and fretting about repaying the nightwalker's 'kindness' by always being present, she'd struggled to remain within beloved swiftcurrent so it would be foolish to believe the haunted wood could contain her wandering spirit. ears twist, even the name was unappealing. 

she inhales the crisp air deeply, so full of possibilities and intriguing unknowns. having grown older and taking to think more about the roles wolves took on, she was determined to become something of a scout. the idea of getting to have a home and also be able to wander guilt free as it was your duty couldn't be more perfect! of course she knew for her current pack these locations had likely been scouted to the point that they could wander them with eyes shut but she did this for her solely. 

despite having avoided forests like the plague, she had still ended up in a thickly covered area. yet what had enthralled her so to lose out on the weak dusk light was the source of another. little bugs flew about her, and they glowed. bicoloured eyes wide in wonder, the nimble girl leaned back to take in their full beauty as they cast dancing beams to chase away the lingering shadows. it was beautiful, at a loss for words; the girl opts to sit and watch, feeling lighter than she had in a very, very long time.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - December 13, 2019, 01:21 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - December 14, 2019, 01:37 AM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - December 20, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - December 28, 2019, 10:19 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - January 10, 2020, 05:11 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - January 19, 2020, 02:34 AM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - May 11, 2020, 04:05 PM