Firefly Glen i seen an emerald in the sky
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
wanderlust

the word struck a chord in her, humming and reverberating through her entire body as she rolled it over in her mind. smiling faintly, she let it roll luxuriously down her tongue before jumping nimbly into the air between them "wanderlustit was beautiful. she blinked up to him, so grateful to have such a word now lodged within an ever expanding knowledge of vocabulary. the lust to wander and yet somehow when scooped together to make that one word, the ethereal element clinging to its vowels left her imagining stepping delicately through star scattered skies. a soft sigh heaved forth as memories of the rancid stink clinging to her pelt and the suffocating woods that had tainted her so, faded into the background and it was just her, the fireflies and the ebony boy that smelled like air and freedom. 

shaking herself from the reverie, eyes roved tentatively to what he spoke of. 'moonspear' the word was automatically tucked away for safe keeping, the wolves of air and stars...it made sense that they'd call the brazen claw of their home the moonspear. a shiver danced up her spine but she winced a bit as her gaze dragged away from its sneering presence. shame she'd hollowed out into such a pitiful fool, scared of the prideful mountain and instead hiding within the cruel shadows that sucked the joy from her. she was a coward. what he said next didn't help. wide eyes snapped to him quickly, heart thudding painfully against her chest...he knew of the nightwalkers? irrational fear was quick to stroke claws across her conscience, crooning into the shiver of velveteen ears. were moonspear just like them? or did they despise them? she didn't know which she wanted..if they hated them then she could be in danger but if they held no ill will towards those wolves...if they agreed with them....she felt a little ill. 

shifting back a step, she swallowed and cast a longing look over the mystical progression of those luminescent bugs before snapping back to the shadow...he'd seemed...kind? too much of a risk. at least in the nightwalkers she was a nobody, they didn't notice her but out here...to a stranger she merely represented them and so it sickened her to realise that she was probably safer in the forest. guilt battled the anxiety in her gut but she merely blinked and mumbled "i'm sorry i uh..i gotta gobefore turning swiftly and streaking in the direction of that leering darkness. since when had she sought to be a nobody? the thought left a sour taste in her mouth as she continued to rove forth. but she kept the new discoveries tucked carefully in the grasp of her mind. at least during nights when the darkness pressed the hardest, she could wonder about those twinkling bugs and the wolves of the moon and air.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - December 13, 2019, 01:21 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - December 14, 2019, 01:37 AM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - December 20, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - December 28, 2019, 10:19 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - January 10, 2020, 05:11 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - January 19, 2020, 02:34 AM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - May 11, 2020, 04:05 PM