Moonspear i’m through with bibles, and i’m through with food
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus considered dragomir's query as the boy fell in step behind him. their going was unfettered, and even arcturus noticed dragomir kept up with his stride with no noticable mincing. "a good question - a wise one." arcturus's breath billowed along his thin muzzle like dragonsmoke. the air here was cold -- getting colder. "there are times when you are starving that you want to keep your energy conserved. we are hungry -- but not starving -- and we can hardly pass up the chance to eat more than rotten meat or mouse this time around. i'm rather sick of both, aren't you?"

dragomir's suggestion they tire their prey out was not without merits. "where there is a group of us, that is often what we do. one forerunner will harry, the others will hound -- in deep snow it is easiest to take turns, and for those recovering to follow in the large game's tracks. but not all prey can be run to exhaustion. we tire too -- it is best to bring down large prey as soon as possible, for when we are tired, we make mistakes -- possibly costly ones." arcturus had made many in his life, and even had a few knocks in his skull to prove it. "for most large game, you lunge for the hock to bring them down. they can kick you or drag you, so your timing must be precise -- and careful."
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
RE: i’m through with bibles, and i’m through with food - by Arcturus - February 21, 2020, 09:19 PM