Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
All Welcome 
backdated a few days

cyan surrounds her in a gentle embrace and although the air is still frigid as it stings at her lungs, she basks gratefully in the weak sunlight and feels the first trickle of confidence that spring was truly gonna bless them soon enough. eyes flicker down to focus listlessly on the shivering blades of grass that stick stubbornly up between pale toes, small frown tracing her slender muzzle. the past couple of days had been....odd for her. perhaps it was because easthollow had been a vague memory from the mind of a polaris long lost to her, this place was as solid as a fairytale about castles with princesses and dragons once she'd descended those mountains with the knowledge that her family was dead

except they're not

she reminds herself of this frequently throughout each day, yet the words have lost all meaning after undergoing such fruitless dissection. her head lowers wearily to rest upon her crossed forelegs now, lifting softened eyes to blink out at the strewn rocks and softly swaying grass. it was so beautifully peaceful here, it both somehow managed to soothe her and put her on edge at the same time. "soonthe soft whisper slips forth, a promise to herself for the restless energy writhing throughout her gut and down into her paws was not ignored. she'd agreed to wait about a week to rest and get familiar with her new home before departing and seeking out the truth about her family. she swallowed against the budding apprehension, she was excited of course, but nervous too. what if she couldn't find them? or somehow names had gotten mixed up and they actually were dead? having gone through so much to recover from the hole that losing them had torn within her the first time, she didn't believe in her ability to relive that a second time. there was as much fear present at losing them again as there was excitement at potentially finding them.

but one thing was for certain, she was going to go crazy until she at least tried. the only obstacle left was that valette had recommended she brought someone with her. her nose still wrinkles a little at the request, having relied on herself for so long it was difficult for this prideful independence to accept the help of another; what if they just slowed her down? yet another part of her had been so touched just to have someone care about her again, she perhaps wouldn't truly admit that part to herself, but gosh had part of her craved the protective nature of care. licking her lips hastily, the young dove shifted onto her side; eyes lifting to the sky. now the only issue was who would want to accompany a random newcomer like her?
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her - by RIP Polaris - April 09, 2020, 04:20 PM