Stone Circle I'm so used to letting go
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Pack Activity 
Attendance Mandatory. If your character is not there it will be frowned upon by Valette.
(Unless your character was gone from the pack before the attack) Set a few hours after the attack. @Siarut @Kove @Xan @Laurel @Polaris @Leta @Charles @Ikiaq @Taktuq @Selamuit @Kallik @Oryx @Oiseaux

This was not something she had been looking forward too. The last hours had been a blur now she thought back to it. She had instructed @West Tyree to inform everyone. She had started to dig at one of the most recognizable of the stones. @Greyback had helped her move the body, only one body was lacking. That of Kaito. It had been impossible to get Kaito or the unborn pups from her daughter. Everyone that tried was blindly attacked. Valette had given her daughter her wishes and had let her be for now. Knowing it would only make matters worse if she would forcefully take the bodies.

The stone that she had chosen was one that was the gateway into the circle. Most of the stones were just one big stone, but this one, it had two pillars with one on top over them, like a gateway. She wanted her sister to have her own stone. They already had a sister stone and while Nanook had been a great sister, it was not the role she had embodies throughout her life. She had been a traveler, a Pilgrim. One that never settled down. Nanook would get the gateway stone and it would become 'The Pilgrim Stone'. The Matriarch looked up at the stone that was held up and felt a tear run down her cheek. Her sister would be missed, but also remembered for who she was and what she stood for.

Nanook's body had been placed down into the earth before the Pilgrim Stone, still laid open. Valette howled to the members to come to the circle, for the ones that weren't there yet. Once they gathered, Valette started. "We gather here to remember the life of a dear packmate who was not just a family member. She was a sister, a daughter, a mother, an aunt, and a dear friend to us all. She was our fierce protector, together with Kaito, whom we shall bury later. She gave up her life for me, for her children, her mate, for Arlette, and for all of you. She protected us from the cougar that could have taken down many more." Valette's voice trembled a bit but she gathered herself. She had buried so many by now, and that made her better equipped with dealing in these situations. However, from the inside, she was still hurting.

"Nanook had quite the life journey. From an angsty teenager that could not handle the separation of our parents to eventually grow into the fierce wolf, the one she was today. She was not only a traveler by heart, but also experienced the most incredible growth through her life's journey. Hence why I want to give her this stone, this gateway. It will be named the Pilgrim Stone to remember her remarkable life and to take wisdom from her growth. May we all grow as strong and grow as much as she did during her life. From birth, to redemption, to death," her voice echoed. It was a good tribute to her sister. Valette was devasted by her sister's death, by the trauma that happened. But she knew that Nanook wanted her life to be celebrated. She had died with a smile on her face. She had died with love in her heart.
Messages In This Thread
I'm so used to letting go - by RIP Valette - June 18, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Siarut - June 19, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Charles - June 19, 2020, 01:51 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Laurel - June 19, 2020, 01:54 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oryx - June 19, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oiseaux - June 20, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by West Tyree - June 20, 2020, 12:22 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Ikiaq - June 21, 2020, 10:49 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Leta - June 22, 2020, 08:33 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Greyback - June 22, 2020, 01:35 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Xan - June 28, 2020, 03:26 PM