Golden Glade Then I set fire to our bed
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Pack Activity 

She was fully prepared for the rain to stop, and for the sun to come out the moment they reached the Glade, proving their decision to evacuate the Copse to be fruitless and irrational. It didn't, however, and the miserable, cold downpour continued as they forced their way through the Bog with the golden dame leading the way, knowing that Towhee would be their sweeper who kept track of anyone who fell behind. But the task at hand was getting as many of their packmates through the squelching muck of the bog as quickly as possible, so that they wouldn't end up surrounded on all sides by hostile waters in the Copse. 

The long-legged Regent shook some of the water out of her pelt, but found herself still caked in mud all the way up her legs to her flanks in the places where she had attempted to forge a path- and had found herself sinking into the mud instead. As one of the tallest wolves in the pack, she'd been a natural leader given the fact she could move quickly but also due to the fact that whenever she was surprised by a sudden softness in the ground that had her sinking into mud past her elbows, she was able to pull herself out and find another route, saving the others- especially her children- from potentially getting stuck in the mud or pulling a muscle. In some places, the water flowed a bit more freely, but she did what she could to find easy crossings. 

For the most part, she kept her ears flattened, knowing she would either have to put up with Quetzal's delighted shrieks or Alyx's horrified gasps. She'd suggested to Phox that he encourage Primrose to follow along with pretty young Chanel- knowing that as long as he had a new love interest to follow, he'd be one less child they'd have to watch. 

The first day would close with the tired band reaching the halfway point but by the time their journey began on the second day, a fog as thick as soup rolled in, whirling about their small, mud-covered band. Niamh would take the lead again, guided by little more than intuition given the fact that there were no visible, distant landmarks to follow on account of the fog. In places, it thickened so much that she could only see a few feet in front of her, leaving her to wonder how the others were faring. Every now and again, like a lighthouse beacon, she would send out a call to guide her packmates along behind her- but the best she could do was assume that they were staying close enough together to follow the tail in front of them, and if not that then the tracks left behind in the mud where the ground was visible. 

She reached the glade, emerging into the forest like some creepy swamp-monster, and turned to wait for the others to appear out of the fog.
Messages In This Thread
Then I set fire to our bed - by RIP Niamh - August 24, 2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Vasa - August 25, 2020, 08:41 AM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Eljay - August 26, 2020, 11:13 AM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Quetzal - August 26, 2020, 06:55 PM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Phox - August 27, 2020, 11:49 AM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by Alyx - August 27, 2020, 09:02 PM
RE: Then I set fire to our bed - by RIP Niamh - September 30, 2020, 01:55 PM