Moonspear I'm still waiting for my turn.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
come all you weary with your heavy loads

There was something missing this night, this night that wrapped its cold fingers around her heart and pulled. If she looked too close, for too long, Keres would find exactly what it was that eluded her. She knew, of course, but opted to ignore the obvious and instead let her mind wander and wish. There were a great many things she wished for, a great many moments she longed to revisit and relive.

lay down your burdens, find rest for your souls

Only her memories gave her company now, the pristine mask of smiles and optimism slipping to fall to the earth behind her, forgotten on the path as callused paws carried her up the mountain. A weariness draped itself across the wolf of silver fur, sadness trailing behind her as if the cloak of her emotions dragged, disturbing the dirt in her wake. Her life had never been the easiest, but Keres — no, Gray, had always taken it in stride, never letting the mask crack or betray her.

Cause my yoke is easy and my burden is kind

The closest she had ever come was her moment of vengeance, ripping away the man's life, the same way he had ripped away her love. Since then, Gray had not allowed herself much of a chance to reflect on these memories, the cuts too deep to tend to herself. Her journey here had been some sort of poultice, though it had been applied with little forethought. Something was better than nothing, however, and it had served its purpose, keeping her together until she had reached the shores of her salvation.

i'll take yours upon me and you can take mine

Gray's arrival to the mountain had been but a distraction; it was the reunion with her brother that had been the true cornerstone, the turning point in a life that had been aimless and exhausted. Their time spent together, the moments with his children, his wife, had filled her again, though not quite in the same way. And yet it had done what Gray alone could not manage; her wounds began to close, the edges of those terrible lacerations slowly, steadily softening.

come all you weary

Here, upon this mountain, among her family, Gray Ostrega had begun to heal, truly heal.

come gather 'round near me

There was something special to the Spear, something that could never be explained or elucidated upon; even tired, exhausted, and drained, Gray could feel the mountain's presence move with her and carry her up it's slopes, bringing her closer to the starry sky she found herself wishing upon at times. And yet now, the woman found no longing to stare upon the glittered haven, found no emptiness that she needed to fill.

find rest for your souls

Instead, she found another here, atop the mountain, huddled in a cloak cut from the same cloth. A familiar figure carrying a familiar burden, one Gray knew she could help carry.

come all you weary, you cripples, you lame

Silvered form swept in close, buffering her sister from the mountain's edge to provide a shelter from the storm.

i'll help you along, you can lay down your canes

What a storm it was, too. Even in the clear skies of this night, the winds and rain of emotion raged around the two, buffeting two wolves that bore the deep cuts of the world's cruelty. Where Gray's were healing, however, Nyx's were fresh, still bleeding. Still in need of care.

we've got a long way to go, but we'll travel as friends

A gentle step to guide her farther from the edge, a neck given for the mother to cry into, fur plush and warm even on this cold night. Though she had not been there for her sister all those long months, she was here now. She could help now. It was this she sought to do, standing close, pressing her body into that of Nyx, no care given then for the tears that might seep into her fur. The only thing that mattered in that moment was her sister.

the light's growing bright, further up, further in

I'm here A rough whisper, a murmur made to comfort as the storm raged.

I'm here.
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
Messages In This Thread
I'm still waiting for my turn. - by Nyx - October 28, 2020, 05:15 AM
RE: I'm still waiting for my turn. - by Keres - October 28, 2020, 11:04 AM
RE: I'm still waiting for my turn. - by Nyx - October 28, 2020, 12:04 PM
RE: I'm still waiting for my turn. - by Keres - October 28, 2020, 12:27 PM