Noctisardor Bypass the place from where i fell
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
He was nothing more than a child, that much was clear to her when he responded. His physical response made her feel safe — distance — but his words made it clear that he wouldn't be much use. How convenient it would've been if this would have been a young, strong warrior who would rally the wolves of Rivenwood to fight on her behalf right now.

Instead he mentioned his father. Mahler. Laurel thought to her outburst by his side and she wondered if he would do it for her. Wondered just how deep his love for Rivenwood's wolves ran.

It was hard for Laurel to think straight. She hadn't meant for the boy to go off and kill Merrick. But now that he did respond to it seriously... What if? What if they did? What if they... Would it be possible? Would a group of wolves truly follow her like that, anyway? Laurel thought back to Bearclaw Valley — the real Bearclaw Valley, when she, Xan and Indra ran it — and how it had fallen to ruin under her leadership. Wolves had followed her then... But would they again in a pursuit that had nothing to do with them?

Maybe if Mahler rallied them, they would.

Laurel sniffled and was silent for a few seconds while she processed this all. Then she said, a quiet tone to her voice: Do you really think he'd do that for me? Laurel blinked her tears away and looked at the boy in earnest then.
Messages In This Thread
the place from where i fell - by Laurel - April 09, 2021, 02:26 AM
RE: the place from where i fell - by Thade - April 11, 2021, 03:09 PM
RE: the place from where i fell - by Laurel - April 14, 2021, 02:27 AM
RE: the place from where i fell - by Thade - April 20, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: the place from where i fell - by Laurel - April 23, 2021, 02:21 AM