Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
Private 
wheneverrr <3 got carried away my b

"there are several pieces of business which you must know, neb @Gucci."
they were not in the throne room, nor atop the mesa. nor beside the wellspring. 
they were in gucci's quarters. pharaoh had come without announcement, waving away all the servants except to order that the good pine liqueur be brought for both he and the nobleman.
"the first is that i mean to dissolve prince charles' marriage to the princess lilitu. he has not earned her and their inability to prove fruitful has cost akashingo face."
he stopped his words, listening for a long time until he was sure that the fellahin had gone after bringing their drinks. ramesses downed half his and stalked around the space as if he were a restless white leopard.
"therefore — and i have not yet told our queen — i have sent a message to brecheliant. i mean to make lilitu Second Royal Wife. her children will be my own. but they will not be raised here." he narrowed his eyes toward the advisor. "with the passage of time, makono grows into herself. i sense she plots something with the roman." 
paranoia, the shadow of it upon ramesses' unblemished face.
"she holds the title of crown prince only so long as there is not a brother to take it." and little boys tucked into backwaters could still be plucked from a swamp, when the time came.
"the second is that i mean to send toula away for a time, where her education might continue. but also — i think it were best, and safest for my daughter, were she betrothed to a foreign prince, and one day she too leaves the palace."
his throat was tight. she was his favorite. his lotus petal. 
"and the third is a story. once upon a time there was another queen. this queen had a slave girl. a roman paid a greek mercenary to work in my court, and for his payment, the man asked that the slave girl be freed." ramesses' face was cold and terrible, marble as he spoke. "when this same greek and same roman came to free her, i demanded that her debt to the queen be repaid. and so into my hands they sold a girl, to replace the woman tamar."
"germanicus has kept silent all this time. the man arsenio has also. such knowledge would destroy them both. and now, gucci. now i have found where they hid their little nest of love. the knowledge came easily, from the pretty mouth of an epoch woman who tragically loves a man of mereo."
his eyes glittered. "i want her also. and i want her to come of her own accord. else i will send messengers through the land carrying the story of the slave-driver roman and his lying accomplice."
meadow, a treasure, an obelisk of his final triumph over those who had stolen from him and those who had sought to resist his word.
Messages In This Thread
akhet - by Ramesses - December 21, 2022, 07:13 PM
RE: akhet - by Gucci - December 22, 2022, 03:30 AM
RE: akhet - by Ramesses - December 22, 2022, 03:23 PM
RE: akhet - by Gucci - December 24, 2022, 05:09 AM
RE: akhet - by Ramesses - December 26, 2022, 12:59 PM
RE: akhet - by Gucci - December 26, 2022, 03:14 PM
RE: akhet - by Ramesses - December 26, 2022, 07:13 PM
RE: akhet - by Gucci - December 27, 2022, 02:54 PM
RE: akhet - by Ramesses - December 28, 2022, 12:41 PM
RE: akhet - by Gucci - December 28, 2022, 02:33 PM
RE: akhet - by Ramesses - December 28, 2022, 03:18 PM