Luneshale Pass a letter, first;
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
947 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
Read Only 
the erpa-ha was prince, was priest, and was scribe, and it was in the latter of these that he had been aptly trained from boyish clumsy lettering to the transcribing of many tomes.

the pass was filled with the many bodies encamped there, to claim luneshale for their queen and gods; senmut found himself seated straight and above them with the servant, in the eye of the moon, though it was beneath such stars he hoped the aspiring godward @Melody also found herself.

pharaoh. none of the others had been named such, surely. if eset saw him as such then perhaps did the other fellahin, all closest attendants and even companions to the queen herself.

proverbial pen to parchment, careful glistening of tongue-laid ink;

my sister in the gods,

you will find you are newly made Lady of the Southland Meadows. a profusion of flowers for which i have no name welcomes your eyes; bright oranges, rich purples, verdant greens, and the paleness of night-orchids which open only after nightfall.

at the time of this writing, your subjects have encountered no obstacles nor resistance to our claiming in your name.

here senmut paused, struggling, for the recitation had taken a more reporting tone, not the one he wanted to convey. a long moment, and he went on, inspired by some wilder thought.

your name is upon every mouth and in every heart. may the obelisk built by akashingo for your glory last a thousand years. i asked you to think of me fondly before i departed the palace, and trust that your face has not left my inner sight. i, ushabti, and you, my creator.

i am your eternal servant

--to the ear of queen @Toula,
from her prince & subject,
senmut

Messages In This Thread
a letter, first; - by Senmut - August 23, 2023, 04:54 PM
RE: a letter, first; - by Toula - September 03, 2023, 10:15 PM
RE: a letter, first; - by Senmut - September 04, 2023, 03:10 PM