so hold nice and close the ones who get to your soul [pup baptism]
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@kevlyn @larus @spyridon and any one else who would like to join - BAPTISMAL TIME!!! no post order, and AW

It was with great solemnity that Caiaphas combed the small area she had cleared just out of the swash-line. She had earlier in the day combed the spherical clearing with a fallen sequoia bough -- and neatly she composed the vicinity with various collectives. Some sea shells, some arms of kelp, stones, sticks. The result was a circular clearing with the mouth facing the sea -- as she stepped back to view her handiwork a great swelling of pride grew in her bosom.

Both pups had shown they were worthy of residing with the Nereides -- and it was time to honor them. Spyridon had expressed interest in participating in the baptism -- and despite the matriarchal society they lived in, Caiaphas knew the ritual would be of less import if he was not involved. She threw back her head and a fluting howl pressed the cold air -- summoning the two youths to the first day of their newly christened lives as Nereides consorts.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.