Bearclaw Valley Pack your bags.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
At the Rendezvous Site! I'm going to work in rounds, no posting order! :) Max. 3 posts per round I'd say.
-- @Kove @Andrei @Europa @Sesi @Nanook // @Azaria @Sonder you are always welcome to join, for now I will keep your wolves' presence vague! --

NEXT ROUND: Saturday 26th Sept.

Scarlett disliked the position she was in. There was too much work to do! She had to check the borders regularly, and keep an eye on her pups and as a gamekeeper make sure the pack was fed. She felt rather tired and worn. This wasn't fun anymore. She needed an alpha figure because she was pushing herself so much that she wasn't really able to enjoy life as it was. Even if it meant leaving the valley she loved. She would just have to accept the fact that she would never be fit to lead. It felt against her nature. Scarlett had spend the night with her pups on the rendezvous site. But she didn't sleep too much. Raziel had been gone for two weeks now, if now more, maybe even 15 moons. Scarlett was getting worried for her friend/alpha. It might as well be that he deceased on his mission. Scarlett disliked to think that. But she couldn't run this pack on her own. She couldn't choose between the pack or her young and now both were left to their own devices.

Maybe she also wanted to leave because this was something she set up with Kove and she broke up with Kove. She also didn't want to mate Raziel and since he was so keen on having her, Scarlett just pack up her bags and leave, technically running away from her problems. No one was perfect right? And definitely not Scarlett. She thought about this all night, she might go to the nice alpha lady she met at the stepping stones. They had a pack north of the valley. Hopefully they had enough room to accept them. Or at least the wolves that wanted to join her. It was a long shot she knew but without an alpha this pack couldn't exist. She gently woke up her four babies. "Good morning," she hummed on a warm tone. "Now who wants to go on a cool adventure with mommy today?," she asked to make them at least excited. "We will go out of the valley and might even go and visit another pack!," she let on an excited tone, but deep down she was nervous because she would have to do some leading. She licked over the top of Xan's head, bet he liked this adventure.

The sun had just come up and Scarlett really wanted to leave soon. She howled for all the other members with some urgency so they would (hopefully) hurry towards them. The howl was clear that Scarlett was leaving, anyone who wished to join was allowed to go with her. Scarlett got to her feet and dragged yesterday's carcass towards her young. "Eat, it will be a while," she encouraged softly. Her ears focusing if members were coming with her or not, she didn't expect many of them to follow her. Still it would be nice to not be the only adult on this journey. She hadn't seen Kove in a while so she assumed he was gone again. Perfect, she thought, then she would have all her babies to herself. This was one of the rare selfish thoughts that seem to grow less rare these last days.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Waking the boy was a simple task, as he’d proven early on to be a light sleeper. It was, more often than not, quite bothersome for him. The slightest sound had him being jerked from his sleep, usually leaving him grumpy depending on how much sleep he’d managed to get. That morning was no different, either. The touch of his mother roused him from his slumber, and the sound of her voice that followed soon after preventing him from slipping back into it. Realizing that he wouldn’t be left alone, the boy pushed himself up from his laying position, but stopped moving once he was sitting up. Slowly, his jaws parted as a yawn escaped him, and he gave a small, unconscious shake of his head to try and clear away the remnants of his sleep. Though he’d been woken up before he’d wished to be, a glare had yet to settle into his features. Instead, his expression showed his drowsiness, and yet another yawn passed through his parted mouth.

It took a second for his mother’s words to fully register in his head, but once they had, he perked up. Though sleep still called to him, and his eyes threatened to close back up, he forced the idea of falling back asleep away. After all, and adventure was far more exciting than sleep. Well, usually, anyways. Hearing what type of adventure they’d be going on had him a bit excited, but also slightly annoyed. A new pack? Why’d they need to visit someone else’s home? Surely, no one there would have the slightest clue as to who he was, so he didn’t really see any point in going. Then again, an adventure was still an adventure, and he was looking to travel beyond the borders. Xan was pulled from his thoughts as a tongue swept over his crown, causing him to then stand and take a step back, shaking his head in the process. The action had surprised him, as he’d been too preoccupied to notice Scarlett approaching him personally, but the surprise had quickly turned to irritation. The young Inuit wasn’t really a fan of being bathed by others.

The child’s jaws parted again, then, but this time it was to speak, rather than to yawn. Before he could get his first words out, however, he was cut off by the sound of his mother’s howl. It echoed through the valley, bouncing off the tall walls that surrounding them. Sometimes, he didn’t like that the valley could produce such a sound back out around them, as it prevented him from using the ‘I-didn’t-hear-you-call’ excuse. One would have to be deaf to not hear a howl that was set loose in Bearclaw. Afterwards, the elder albino brought a carcass over to him and his sisters, but he made no move to go towards it. He’d only just woken up, and was not yet hungry. So, instead, he turned his attention to Scarlett. “Why are we leaving?” he asked then, the question surely not being unexpected. Alexander was curious, and wanted to know why they would be leaving their home. The howl that had left her did not signal an adventure, but the leaving of a land. The leaving of his home.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The Inuit had returned from his trip to Blackfeather quite some time ago, but had been keeping to himself. He was left uncertain of what to do with himself, and had also needed to plan out how he would get Xan away from Scarlett once the time came. The only beings he’d meet with were his children, and the encounters were often brief due to his avoidance of the albino. Even so, he made sure to check in on them often, making sure they were doing okay and not getting into too much trouble. He’d already been heading towards the rendezvous site, planning to spend some time with his children, when a howl echoed through the valley. It didn’t take a genius to decipher the message within it, and the second he realized what she’d said, his legs started carrying him at a quickened pace. She was leaving. When, he didn’t know for sure, but there was no denying that that was the message she’d set out. By the time he’d reached them, a frown was etched into his features, but that was it. The confusion swirling around within him was hidden away, leaving no real emotion visible. Even the frown, which he didn’t bother to hide, didn’t send out any negative vibes. It was just there.

Setting his gaze on the woman, he then looked around at their four children. Xan was up, and seemed to be confused as to what was going on. “Where are you going?” he asked, having moved his eyes back to focus on the pale female. She’d been so set on starting her own pack, once upon a time. So set on the idea of having a say in important matters, and being able to make sure there was a kind setting around her. So, for her to just up and leave, it was unexpected—though his features refused to show any reaction.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett's ears moved forward when Kove approached instantly the mother didn't look so happy because Kove could definitely ruin her plans. Her red eyes fell on to him. "Raziel is possibly dead, there is no alpha and I can't stay here any longer," she returned to him, sounding not too unkind even though her expression didn't look to happy. She had more than enough to think about without kove making trouble as it is. He had been gone again, surly he checked on their young sometimes but Scarlett wished he would just leave and not give them so much hope. In the end he would vanish again. He wasn't there for her when she needed him. She let her ears fall back. "I am leaving this valley. You can just go back to your assassin gang. They don't like you so much anymore by the way, so goodluck returning there." She was done with the pale male.

Scarlett looked over him for a moment and stepped before the four children. "They will go with me," she stated, clearly not wanting an argument about this. She didn't want Xan going to dark dark forest. She could still smell them faintly on him. She had been clear not to make any more contact to them. Even if that meant sacrificing her friendship with Meldresi. Her children were not the ones that could suffer under that dark pack and their weird believes.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna blinked herself awake when her mother woke them. She wanted to sleep some more so she rolled over to her other side. Her hazel colored eyes closed once more, almost missing the part of an adventure. She could go on an adventure in her dreams too. Sometimes she could be a tad lazy. Yet when her mother howled so loudly and spoke about food Desna started to blink herself awake again. She sat up, being rather sleep, and looked around. Did her mother just howl that they were leaving? She looked just like Xan with a frown to her mother. She loved her mother dearly but sometimes she didn't make sense at all. Desna didn't want to leave. She liked Bearclaw! Her father soon joined the club.

Desna's ears were pushed forward with some curiosity. Was he coming with them too? She looked up surprised when her mother told him that he could go back to some other pack. Was her father not from this pack? And that Raziel was dead? What did dead mean? Was he hurt? Where was Raziel? She hadn't seen him in so long. Desna grew even more confused. "Mommy!," she called out and then started to trot forward. For the first time she wasn't busying herself with food. Her mother was talking about leaving. But were they leaving for realz? "Why isn't daddy coming?," she asked. "Where we going?" She wanted to know! She needed to know. "Mommy, tell me," she urged. Desna didn't have patience.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
To the sound of approaching steps, Xan looked back to see his father. Though he said nothing, he made sure the elder saw the silent greeting in his eyes. Then, the child turned back to his mother and awaited her reply to his question. Of course, she said nothing. Her attention seemed to have been drawn away, directly to his father. It made him huff in annoyance. He had spoken first, shouldn’t he have been answered first? Letting out a little growl, making his irritation known, he stood and moved away from the elder albino. If she was going to ignore him, then he would ignore her. Well, he’d try to, anyways. That plan was quick to fail as soon as the woman started to speak to the Inuit. Her words made Alexander's ears perk up and press forward, curiosity managing to slither into his gaze, mingling with his glare. One statement in particular stood out to him, though. It made it sound like she was going to force him, and his siblings, to go with her… Did they not get an choice on the matter? That caused his glare to deepen, essentially chasing away whatever interest had been there prior.

Soon after, Desna started speaking. The pale whelp tossed a glance her way, having to resist the urge to ‘shush’ her. “I’m not going,” he stated. “I’m staying here. I’m staying home.” He was stubborn, even more so for his age, but he knew what he wanted. He knew he didn’t want to leave the valley, and he didn’t want his family to go, either. Plopping himself down, he made an effort to show that he was being dead serious. No one was going to make him go anywhere.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When Scarlett answered him, he listened, taking in each word. He couldn’t help but smirk inwardly at the idea of Raziel having passed away. He had not disliked the Roman, at first, but the way he’d acted after the pale one’s return home was less than desirable. It was almost as if he was the only one in the valley that actually cared about his family. His blood family. Of course, he had had his children at the time, but they’d yet to be born back then, and he was confident both them and Scarlett were in safe hands—which had proven to be correct, he learned, back when he’d first gotten back. When she spoke of his “assassin gang”, his calm expression wavered. The man's eyes narrowed, briefly, before he’d taken notice to the action and adjusted himself. “The ‘gang’ you speak of is anything but,” he informed her. “It is a family, and family does not turn one another away.” Not that you’d know about that. The latter part he didn't say, and was slightly taken aback by himself and the fact that such a thought would pass through his mind. He had held feelings for the woman before him, once, and the mention of her family life prior to Teekon was the lowest of the low blows.

As quickly as his silent regret had come, however, it was gone. One statement alone, and he became void of any emotions he’d ever felt towards her. He pushed the memories of the past to the back of his mind, locking them away. This time, he actually allowed for his gaze to narrow into a glare. “They aren’t,” he stated, voice taking on a cold tone. “They’re my children, too, and I won’t let you take them away from me. If they want to go with you, then that’s their decision, but you aren’t just going to steal them away.” As much as the idea of being away from his kids pained him, he wouldn’t force them to do anything they didn’t want to do.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett bared her teeth and pushed Desna back. She would have to deal with Kove, because he didn't do anything as a father. She had always been there for them and he sometimes came to have a look. It would break her heart knowing that one of her babies might choose Kove over her. She was the one that fed them and was always there for them. Kove hadn't even been there the first month of their lives. That is not what she called a father. "You were only the donator. I did everything for them on my own. You only got to do the fun things! I don't think your were ever covered in babypoop, Kove! Of course they go with me. I'm their mother.," she snarled actually pretty pissed now that he would even go against her. She had more right to them than he did. The mother was very protective of her young and she actually felt like attacking Kove to get her point across, that is how much value she gave to her babies. She was so tempted to use violences something she never wanted to use before. But she didn't knew the first thing about fighting and if that would happen then she would have a huge disadvantage. 

"I am not stealing them, they should be with their mother. Not you, you haven't been there for most of their lives!," she huffed. She might still be pissed about Kove leaving her like that. She was never going to accept that ever again in a male. "You don't leave your pregnant mate alone to visit some resurrected family member, Kove. Get your priorities straight. You aren't taking any of these pups to Black Feather. They can go look for you once they are adults," she was almost yelling now. Talk about the family drama she didn't want. Why couldn't Kove just fuck off and leave her alone with her four pups. Xan was once more ignored, same for Desna since Scarlett would fight for them all and couldn't give them their attention. Kove would probably get them in horrible situations which would result in them being injured or worse, dying. She wouldn't let that happen. "You have no saying in this," she snapped, and technically she hadn't either but she didn't think that any of her babies would even consider going with their father.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The moment Scarlett bared her teeth at him, the Inuit returned the gesture, ears folding back as he did so. It was a natural reaction, driven by instincts alone. She’d threatened him, and so his body had been quick to threaten her back. Even after he noticed he’d done it, he did not change his posture. His head had lowered defensively, and the fur alone his back had bristled. Kove was not, naturally, an overly muscular wolf. He was large, height wise, but he was not a brute. Even so, there so no doubt he towered over the albino, even with his head lowered at an odd angle. Her words came out in a snarl, causing a low growl to start growing in the back of his throat, warning her. He knew that her fighting skills were nonexistent, and also had a feeling things wouldn’t escalate that far. On the off chance they did, however, his mind started fabricating a plan to subdue her, similar to the way his brain would concoct strategies during a hunt. “I am their father, not some lowly donor,” he retorted, spitting the last word out with an obvious tone of disgust. Of course, he had nothing against donors if there was a reasoning behind why the male of a relationship could not provide, but he did not appreciate being referred to as one. Especially not in front of his children. “I’m not going to let you force them away. Even though you’re their mother, that doesn’t mean you’re any more entitled to custody over them than I am.” He wasn’t going to let her take them. He wasn’t going to allow her to prevent him from seeing his kids.

“Just because you haven’t seen me, doesn’t mean I haven’t been around.” By then, Kove had forced himself to calm down, not wishing to strike fear into the four whelps. Though he was no longer flashing his cuspids in her direction, his ears were still flat and the fur along his back rigid. At the mention of his “resurrected family member”, however, he almost reverted back to his previous posture. It took all of the willpower he could muster up to prevent himself from lunging forward right then and there. “That family member was my sister. Unlike you, my family actually loves me. We look out for one another, and care for one another. So when I heard a sister I thought had died long ago was actually still alive, did you really expect me not to head home and see for myself? My family never viewed me as a monster, Scarlett. They actually care for me, and I will return that care until the day I die.” He had attempted to refrain from bringing up her past, but her treating his visit home like it was some vile act all but forced the words out of his mouth. “From what I saw when I got back, it wasn’t like you needed me anyways. You had Raziel, in case you’ve forgotten. I left knowing you and my children would be safe. Had I detected the slightest hint of danger, I would not have gone.” He wouldn’t have been able to. Even though his children had still resided within the womb at the time, he had quickly developed a fondness for them. They were his family, and he loved them. “If they want to come with me, I will take them wherever I go. You have no say in that. Blackfeather is not the ghastly place you make it out to be. The wolves there have different views than what you’re use to, but they would never harm one of their own.”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett didn't really want to fight him but she also didn't want to take her babies away. Why did the male have to be so difficult? Scarlett wasn't shocked when he bared his teeth at her. She got his warning clear enough but she wasn't backing off so easily. Okay, so maybe he wasn't some donor but somehow Scarlett felt like that. He hadn't been around and he left. She still blamed him and she found that she had more right for their young than him. She wanted to to return with a good comeback but Kove hit her with a very low verbal blow. Tears sprung instantly in her eyes when he referred to her family. On top of that he indirectly referred to her as a monster. Instantly she looked away, clearly extremely hurt by his words. But Kove didn't stop there he even continued. She never wanted Raziel to help her, but she had to take his help if she wanted to survive. She wanted Kove and she wanted him to fight for her but even that he hadn't done. She didn't felt the need to tell him that. Why would she even bother after his cruel words. Let him think that, she wasn't going to fight for him either. 

Scarlett couldn't even look at him anymore because he used the one thing that already ripped her heart to pieces, the fact that she was so unloved, and now he had ripped open all those old wounds. She was stupid, a monster. Worth nothing. Even her mother rather wanted her dead than to keep her alive. Great, thanks for the reminder. She had been slowly forgetting her past because she was busy with her own family, trying to make it perfect but it clearly wasn't perfect. Each time she thought her life was perfect it turned out to be a lie. Duskfire, her relationship with Kove, running her own pack. Everything in her life would turn into a mess. Maybe she was a demon that ruined everything. Scarlett lived her life in kindness because she didn't want to be labeled as a monster anymore, but she could probably never escape that name. She turned away from Kove sickened by his face. Sickened how she could ever loved him. She turned to her pups and nudged Desna to say sorry for pushing her away. "Mommy is leaving, c'mon," she spoke to her four babies. She didn't say that they could also go with their father. She couldn't get it out of her throat, but it was more than clear that the youngsters had to choose which parent they would pick. She howled for any of their other pack mates that she would go to the border path if anyone still wanted to join then they were welcome to do so. Scarlett never wanted to see Kove again.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna was quite shocked when she was pushed aside. No-one had ever pushed her away before. She wanted to protest but somehow the youngster realized that this wasn't the moment she would get any attention from her mother or her father. She never saw her mother look like that! It was also rare to see her father like that. Desna bared her teeth just to mimic them. It was purely innocent and maybe even a bit funny to see her full a face like that. She soon dropped her lip when her parents started arguing. Her first reaction was being shocked. Her mother never yelled she was always.. sweet. Her father never really snarled or snapped like that either. Desna slowly started to realize that they were fighting over them. She let out a soft whine in shock and looked at Xan. Maybe he knew what was going on?

As quick as the fight started that was how soon it was over too. It was clear her father said something that hurt her mommy. Desna looked troubled because she didn't want them to split. True, she was more of a momma's girl but that didn't mean she disliked her father. Her mommy was leaving? Huh? No! Desna looked with confused and upset eyes from her mother to her father. The choice was easy for her. She jumped up and then nudged Sesi. "Come Sesi. Go to mom okay?," she spoke, encouraging her little sister. "You can do it!" Desna then looked over her shoulder. "Nanook! ..... Xan!," she called out, looking briefly at her father feeling terribly guilty. She didn't have much of a bond yet with Xan, that was why the pause was there when she called for him too. "Nanook! Come! Mommy is going," Desna let out, now feeling a bit distressed. She would miss Nanook, she didn't want her to go away. She squabbled the most with her rebellious sister but she loved her. "Mommy! Wait," she let out sounding so confused. She rushed to her mother, eyes a bit watery. "Mommy, I'm confused. Why can I pick only one of you? Where is daddy going? Where are we going? Why we going away?," she bubbled with questions. Desna swallowed her tears because she didn't want Sesi to think she was scared. She had to be strong and excitable for her smaller sister.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As the chaos started to unfold around them, Xan’s own little ears fell back against his crown. He didn’t fully understand what was going on, or why his parents were so angry at one another. He wanted it to stop, though. The child liked playing around, he liked causing trouble, but despite all that, he found himself unable to stand what was happening before him. His mom and dad were fighting. They were actually fighting. Not physically, but their voices seemed to do just about as much damage as their teeth and claws could. He looked around at his siblings, then back and forth between his parents. Once Kove had stopped talking, he awaited to hear what the elder albino would return with, but nothing came out. Instead, when he looked at her, he saw the tears collecting in the corners of her eyes. Then she said she was leaving… she was leaving! Quickly, his head spun around and he looked at the other pale wolf, wondering if he planned on going along. When he saw the elder make no movements, however, he felt his unasked question had been answered. His dad wasn’t following his mom. He wasn’t chasing after her. He was just there, standing and watching. The whelp didn’t want to think what was happening was real. He wanted to close his eyes and then wake up, only to find that it was a dream. Deep down, though, he knew it wasn’t. It couldn’t be. Alexander was wide awake, and the only family he’d ever had was splitting apart.

“Don’t go…” The sound of his voice was barely above a whisper, and his eyes had grown wide. Xan didn’t want his family to fall apart, he didn’t want to not be around them. He wanted all of them, even Desna. It seemed that didn’t matter, however, because his father still made no move to follow Scarlett. The boy stayed right where he was, too, but he had switched from sitting to standing. “Don’t leave!” For the first time ever, there was a whimper mixed into his voice. He was not annoyed or angry, but sad. Sorrow was a feeling that was new to him, too, and already he wasn’t a fan. “I don’t wanna go. I don’t want you to go,” Xan shouted, a quiver clinging to the end of his sentence. Things in the valley seemed fine to him, it didn't seem like anything was wrong. Why did they have to leave? Why couldn't they stay together?
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The instant he noticed the tears in her eyes, he regretted having opened his mouth. He regretted having spoken to her in such a manner, having not kept himself calm. His expression showed his current feelings, too, and even the fur along his back had started to smooth down. His ears remained down, however, but not out of an act of aggression. No, instead, it was due to his own shame in having used her past against her. She wasn’t a monster, he knew that. Never had he once viewed her as a monster, either. She’d always held his interest, in a positive way, and he felt horrible for having upset her. “I’m sorry…” he said quietly, only to then clamp his mouth shut. The man had enjoyed seeing her happy, it was something that made his day. Never, in all his life, had he ever wanted to be the one to cause her sorrows, to bring her pain. And yet, it seemed he’d ended up doing just that on more than one occasion.

Once she said she was leaving, he wanted to follow, to make things right again, but his legs refused to move. He stayed planted to the ground where he stood, watching both her and their children. She was actually leaving, and from the looks of it, so where his kids. Desna even called to each of them, trying to urge them to follow, and he expected each of them to do exactly that after what they’d just been made to witness. The only one who seemed completely uninterested in leaving was Xan, but the boy was also not happy. A smile did not claim his face, nor did a smirk or even a glare. Instead, he wore a face of emotional pain and confusion, which caused Kove’s ears to press further against his head. “If you want to go with them, you should go,” he stated, earning the boy’s attention for a brief moment. It seemed as if he was really debating it, looking back and forth between his parents. The Inuit expected him to follow his mother and sisters, but instead he’d decided to move towards the man’s legs. He was scared, the Northerner could tell that much with a single glance.

Slowly, he took a step in the direction Scarlett had gone. “Scarlett,” he called out, forcing his legs to carry him a bit further, his son following close behind. “I should not have said those things. I am sorry, just… please, do not keep me from seeing them until they’re adults. I do not want to miss out on their entire childhoods.” Kove was certain, by then, that all planned to follow their mother, with the exception of Alexander. He did not know what drove the boy to stay, whether it was because he truly wanted to, or simply because he was too shocked to do anything else.

This reminds me of the day dramas my great grandmother watches, jfc. /silently thanks the few I've watched with her, aha.
31 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Andrei had kept a low profile, not that he really was the type of character to do so, but with Raziel disappearing, he had lost his only translator to the pack. Communication had become tougher again to the point that he had just given up on talking all together. He relied only on body wolf communication, a more natural one. He had spent some time with Scarlett , feeling that someone was off about her. He did not know it would lead to this day.  Minding his business, he had heard a commotion nearby. Curiosity made him go look. While he did not entirely understand, scratch that, did not at all understand what the problem was, Scarlett and a male seemed to argue about something. He wondered who that was, since he had only met Raziel properly.

The male was going to return to his business not wanting to get into something that should not be picked up by his ears, when he heard the howl. Well, that changed things. He stopped and put two and two together as he saw some kids follow Scarlett and one for now remain with the male. He had always assumed they were Raziel's kids, but could it be that he was wrong and this was more complicated?  From the sound of the howl, Scarlett seemed upset. He trotted down , passing in front of Kove.  He gave him a strong huff, saying  he had done enough for a day, no matter what that something was. Andrei moved towards Scarlett again, nudging her shoulder to ask if she was fine and as if a member of the pack he could help her.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Shooting this out real quick, have to go to bed, but wanted to squeeze something in before the round ends. You guys are fast! :o

It happened quickly, too fast for Nanook to process or understand. The sudden awakening, the promise of an adventure. With her increasing need to know the world, Nanook leapt to her paws and scuttled over to where mama stood. And that was when papa showed up. Nanook turned to him and her eyes lit up, and her tail gave a vigorous sway. He was coming, too! But though she offered him a bright and excited gaze, he did not turn to her, nor did he turn to Xan. Rather, he sharpened his gaze on mama, and mama did the same to him.

The anger and hurt passed between her parents caused her fur to spike, and all thoughts of adventure dropped from her mind. Nanook passed a rapid sweep of her head from parent to parent while Desna beckoned her to follow and Xan raised his voice in protest to it all. The girl flattened her ears against the noise and fixed the air between her parents with a hardened stare.

She didn't move. Nanook steeled herself, and her murky eyes iced. She didn't know what was happening, why mama and papa fought, why Xan was crying like she'd never seen him cry before, why Desna was so adamant in getting her to follow. She didn't understand, and with every thought Nanook pressed her claws deeper into the dirt of the rocky ground. Until she could figure out what was going on, she wasn't going anywhere, no matter who called her to go.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
ROUND 2! @Nanook thank you for doing that! I think Renee and I both wanted to RP the confrontation so the others had something to react to, sorry if we moved too fast <3 Next round starts Tuesday the 28th!

Scarlett felt horrible once her babies were getting distressed. She had Desna calling out for the others, and even helping Sesi. Scarlett did stop when Desna asked her to wait she didn't wait because Kove asked her too. She was still not looking at him but kept her gaze close by her pups. Sesi was there and Desna too, asking all these questions. Nanook seemed frozen into place. She didn't know where they would go but at least she would be away from him. Scarlett's ear turned to the approaching footsteps and the chuff that came from Andrei. Her red eyes looked at him timidly and not with a lot of fight because she was talked down in the worst way possible. It was always tough to find her positivity after things like this happened. She needed a few days to recover, and possibly from Kove's harsh words, she would need a longer time. She nudged Andrei back in greeting but her spirits were low they became even lower when she realized Xan was with his father. Of course he didn't want her. Her ears fell more to the side especially with Kove's pleading. She knew he didn't mean anything with his sorry's. He had said sorry before and he hurt her again, maybe for the third time if not the fourth.

Slowly her red eyes turned far colder and scarier than they had ever done. Raziel might have seen a glimpse of it before. Scarlett was quite an emotional mess, and she liked to put all that emotion of hurt behind an imaginary door. Once that door would open, it usually came out as anger. She didn't want to talk to Kove anymore but she was still a mother, and that would mean she would probably have to reassure her former mate. Scarlett suddenly turned around and latched out at Kove, so close to ripping a piece of fur from his neck. Her eyes pure hatred, her eats flat and her teeth fully bared with a new found confidence in her anger. "If I would deny you from seeing them then I would be that monster you claim me to be. The fact that you even assume that I would be so cruel is sickening. If you want to see them you will have to find us and when you do you better make sure I never see your face again because I will make sure that every wolf with a warrior, warden and gamekeeper trade will hunt you down," she hissed. Her tongue moving between her bared teeth. She was actually beyond anger right now in her pain. Scarlett even added Kove to her mental pile of bleeding bodies, since that was how she wished they would all end up. Maybe there was a bit of a monster/demon in her after all because she would think like that, but maybe it was just natural to want revenge from the wolves that hurt you the most.

"Take a good look at your father, girls. It is not the man you want you share your life with. You think he loves you but in the end he doesn't care at all. In fact he will even use the thing that hurts you the most against you. He is going to a pack where they mark the borders with the blood of other wolves. I smelled it," she stated for everyone to hear but it was mostly directed at her daughters. "I won't blame you if you choose that life, you are of his blood too and if that suits you more then feel free to go with him." The pain in Scarlett's eyes returned. She stepped away from Kove, feeling sick. Her eyes locked onto Andrei for a moment motioning that she wanted to go. Her red eyes then roamed over her children, less angry. This was something they would probably never forget, having to make such a decision was horrible, yet, int hat part Kove was right, it would be worse if they didn't have a choice at all.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove kept his eyes trained on the woman, even when the stranger passed between them. He’d never seen him before, of course, but his scent and the way he approached Scarlett made it obvious he was a member of Bearclaw. Ignoring him, he stood and awaited for the albino to speak, wanting to know what she’d say. Even if she did try to make it so he could not see them, he was confident he’d find a way to do so anyways. Eventually, if it ever came down to it. For a brief moment, his eyes flickered from the pale mother to his daughter, seeing she wasn’t moving. Again, he was not certain why. Whether it be from shock or confusion, or even an actual want to stay with her father, he couldn’t quite figure out why. Children were never as easy to read as adults.

His attention was immediately drawn back to Scarlett when she lashed out at him, feeling her teeth graze his neck. He pulled his head back as a reflex, and bared his own teeth for a second before correcting himself. “You know I do not see you as a monster, Scarlett,” he countered. He couldn’t see her as such. Even if she kept him from ever seeing any of his kids, he would be unable to view her as a monster. A cruel woman, yes, but not a monster. A frown filled his features at the mention of being hunted down. “If you go to a new pack, what makes you so sure any of them would listen to you?” It was a valid point. Though he didn’t know where she’d be taking them, or what the wolves of said location would be like, he liked to think that they wouldn’t keep a parent from their children. Then again, he could be completely wrong. It was something he would just need to wait and find out for himself. “I’ll have no problem avoiding you.” The Inuit was still a Dark Brother. His skills were, clearly, a bit rusty, but there was no doubt he’d get back up to par after spending some time in the dark woods. Spending time within Blackfeather, living among the shadows and other ghosts.

Again, as the woman started to speak, he found himself baring his teeth at her. A warning, more than a threat. “I care for them very much, and I always will. They are my children, I could never hurt them. I’d sooner give my own life than watch them suffer,” Kove stated, a glare in his eyes. The glare softened, slightly, at the mention of the borders of his old home. The borders he would patrol and keep watch over, the same borders he’d gone away from back when he’d first met the pale lady. “The blood is that of trespassers, a warning so no one tries to enter the woods.” He turned his gaze to his children, then, the glare having left his face, leaving behind a neutral expression all around. “If you want to come with me, I can promise that nothing will happen to you. I know those living in the woods we’d be going to, I know they wouldn’t harm you.” It was true. Trespassers were harmed, yes, but never had they injured one of their own. From what he knew, they never laid a claw on children, either, no matter if they were outsiders or not. “If you go with your mother, though, that’s fine. I will still visit you when I can, I’ll watch over and make sure you’re safe. Don’t let your mother fill your heads with lies. I love each of you, more than I’ve ever loved anything or anyone.” If he didn't care, he would have taken them already. Kove would have left with them, not giving any of them a say. He didn't do that though. The Inuit knew that would bring them pain, and so he was left incapable of dragging them away, even if it meant he wouldn't get to see them everyday.
gone girl
87 Posts
Ooc —
Omg! :O

Sesi reacted in much the same way as Nanook, with an added dash of stumbling, subconscious movement. She was dimly aware of a storm happening above her head - Scarlett sniping at Kove, and a dark baritone rumbling back. Very few words penetrated the woolen cocoon that had formed around her head the minute things started to turn sour.

Without really thinking about her choice, Sesi followed her sister. Above all else, she was a Desna's Girl - wherever Desna went, Sesi would also go; the fact that they were going with mommy instead of daddy was an added bonus, but not a primary motivator. A slope-shouldered Sesi turned her head to stare blankly at Kove as they went, eyes shining with hurt and confusion. What was happening?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna looked at her father when her mother said something about him. He hurt her did he? Desna wasn't sure what to believe now. Because her father said her mommy was lying but lying was bad and her mommy would never do such a thing. The border with blood sounded scary. They father told them he loved them but all she could see was how he loved Xan. Sure, he had come by a few times when mommy was sleeping or when she was away to get their food. But it was always Xan or Nanook in Desna's eyes. She also wasn't a fan of the fish and if she would go with her daddy then she might have to eat that more. Food was very important to Desna, along with cuddles and her mommy and Sesi gave the best cuddles.

Desna nudged Sesi and licked over her cheek. "Don't be scared, alright? I am here with you. Just remember when we were in the woods together," she encouraged and nuzzled close to her grey sister. Desna looked with worry at Xan and Nanook. She wanted to call out for her sister and brother but somehow with the snapping adults she didn't really dare her mother and father never looked like this before and she wasn't sure she liked that. She just wanted food to be honest. She looked at the carcass that lay forgotten. She was tempted but decided to stick with Sesi for now who seemed rather scared.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
It's all good <3 Reading the confrontation was a lot of fun (as sadistic as that sounds xD)

The scene exploded above them, and when mama flashed her teeth against papa's ruff, Nanook felt her body stiffen with dread. Her nose stung with phantom pain, a reminder of the evening when she'd drawn Desna's blood, and when Mama had turned her anger on her because she had done something wrong. Now she knew what that had been, but what papa had done, she didn't have a clue.

What Nanook did know was that if she went with papa, mama's anger would be against her, too. The buzz of her thoughts droned out the majority of what her parents spoke, but their tone was not lost on her. The little girl fixed her eyes on papa. For once it didn't matter that Xan was with him. She longed to hide herself beneath the shadow of his powerful form and hide herself from mama's wrath. He would protect her - and yet, she doubted that.

The calm voice of Desna touched her ears from where mama waited. Sesi had joined her there. The significance of any of their choices remained a blurry mess, but deep inside she felt a weight pull her down. This wasn't normal, and this wasn't good, and she remained firmly fixed in spot.
I'll do better
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The adults continued their little skirmish, meanwhile the children were left to watch it all unfold before their eyes. Xan tried to catch as many of the words as he could, but at times the voices were just too quick, leaving him with even more confusion. He could hear the words Desna would pass to Sesi, but they seemed like nothing compared to what was going on between their parents. Just a squeak in the background of a grand show. For most of the time, his ears stayed pinned against his cranium, unable to ignore the waves of emotion rolling off the two pale figures. He didn’t like it one bit, and was happy when things started to calm slightly. His ears popped up when he heard his father’s voice. Their father loved them, he would protect them. That wasn’t something he didn’t know already, but he did enjoy hearing it. What set him back, however, was what Kove had said about the elder albino. She would lie to them? That was something he didn’t like.

Hesitantly, the boy started walking closer to his dad, nudging Nanook as he went passed her. She was his favourite, and had been since her display at the feast. He didn’t know what she planned to do as she continued to sit in place, but he knew what he was doing. While he would miss his family being a whole, he couldn’t not go with his dad. Xan looked up to the elder Inuit, and he swore to protect them. Scarlett hadn’t done that, as far as he knew. In his mind, all she’d done was correct him and let Raziel near him. He never liked the smelly wolf or his home, and had been happy when they’d all left. That was the only request of his that the woman had honoured, and he knew for sure he didn’t want to be in a place where his voice would be ignored. Without a second thought, the boy approached his father and stood beside him, ears back as he looked from his mother to his sisters.
31 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Andrei followed the interaction by only seeing body language. Scarlett lashing on Kove,  Kove replying, pups being distressed. It became clear to him that this was a goodbye  and not one of the good kind. He simply stood there, not getting between the couple, cause that was even more of a bad idea. Instead, he took upon himself to reassure the pups that decided to go with their mother, keeping them away from being collateral damage. It was never easy to witness your parents fight or split, but it seemed like his need to leave, was also the one of Scarlett. It was clear that he couldn't just leave her with her pups out there. Between bears and cougars, she could make it, put her pups, that was another story.  He was not even sure what this was going to go.  He could not talk to her, and other packs were usually not that prone on accepting mothers with children. At least where he came from.

He walked, pushing the girls with a gentle nudge, to get going.  This was done and over with, and their mother wanted to leave anyway.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
ROUND 3! Next Round starts on 31st of Sept.

Scarlett flattened her ears where Kove started talking. It all sounded fancy now but she didn't believe it. She was less important than his family even when being pregnant and not being able to hunt. The pups clearly didn't know that, they only knew the fun father and the one that would do nice things with them IF he was there in the first place. She growled when Kove basically gave her another stab because he called her a liar. She wasn't a liar. It was a fact that Kove hadn't been around and showed what kind of man he really was. She felt sick and stepped back, especially when Xan walked instantly to his father. Scarlett felt like crying. Nanook was frozen into space and would probably even pick her father too.

Scarlett looked away to see Andrei with Desna and Sesi. Scarlett was done, so that be it then. "Nanook, I want you to be happy. Go with Daddy if you want to. But I am going right now, ae you coming with me?," she asked. Scarlett wouldn't want to leave without her. The mother looked at her daughter for a moment, she knew how fond she was of her father. She had seen it. Though, she was also independent. Scarlett then moved away from Kove regardless if Nanook was coming with her or not. She wanted to get out of here. She looked with a thankful expression at Andrei, the poor guy probably didn't know what was happening right now. Scarlett made her way to boulder path, away from this valley.

Scarlett didn't want to deal with any of it anymore. She just wanted to hide all the hurt she was feeling and not return again.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook saw Xan approach her, and his passing nudge drew her back to the onslaught of what they faced. She tracked him back to where papa stood as a mighty fortress and her gaze lingered there. For a second she made her choice, sealed in the shift of her body toward papa and Xan. But mama's voice broke her and she whipped her head back around.

The air still sparked with energy, but mama's voice held quiet as she gave Nanook the ultimatum again. Go with daddy, or come with me. Nanook offered silence in return, and a withdrawn stare. Her thoughts churned within; she could make this stop. She could bite Desna again - mama and papa had both come looking for her then. Maybe if she did something really bad they would forget whatever bad thing had happened between them. She would take the punishment if it could stop whatever was happening now.

But she couldn't bring herself to do anything but watch. With Desna and Sesi herded by a man she didn't know, and with Xan standing firm at their father's side, Nanook stood alone. She was an island, and even more of one as mama turned from her and walked away.

She loved her mother as much as she fearer her, and the sight of Scarlett's shrinking form made her stomach lurch. Nanook passed one final look to Xan and papa to reassure herself they hadn't left her, too, before she lunged in the direction Scarlett scored across the land. This wasn't her choice, but she couldn't do nothing. Her voice rose as it had before her ears had opened, in shrill demands for mama to stop. With every step a twisted burn welled in her heart and replaced the confusion and fear.

One thing she knew: Nanook would return to papa and Xan with mama and her sisters by her side, and they would live as a family like they had before. This thought pushed her on, and she didn't even consider she might have seen the last of her father and brother for a very long time. Papa and Xan would wait for them. They had to.

Hope I didn't assume too much. Let me know if I should change anything. This whole thread is pretty much heartbreak to the max.
I'll do better
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
You killed me, awww. Super well-written!

Desna didn't look back she started walking with her mother and stayed next to Sesi, for once she didn't feel the need to be first. She knew the bolder path now and the field that would come after that. Should she warn her mommy that there was a mean wolf there? Maybe he was gone now. Desna grew quiet and walked with the two pale adults. Her head snapped up when she heard the call of Nanook. She called for her mother too who stopped and listened so Nanook could catch up. Desna greeted her sister and licked over her cheek, her tail wagging even though it might not be the right moment for it. Her hazel eyes fell on the two pale figures in the distance. Her father and Xan, bet Xan would be really happy now with their father for himself. Desna scowled a bit before turning to Sesi and her mother. She looked at Andrei, whom she really liked. He was nice, though he didn't say much.

She started moving when her mother deemed it was okay to move again, it seemed she really wanted to go. Her daddy had made her mommy sad, she knew that, but her mommy had been mean too. Was it normal that parents would split up after a while? Desna was confused, she wanted to ask but her mother looked too troubled so she silenced herself. She was sweet natured like her mother, bossy, but sweet natured.