Stone Circle Surrender my heart, body, and soul
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 

The night had fallen hours ago, and Steady remained sitting in the middle of the circle of stone pillars. Nothing had happened today. Finally, a day that didn't involve meeting other Alphas, or running off insubordinate Omegas— which, whether she liked it or not, Eden would always be an Omega to him. He didn't have to deal with anyone at the borders. He did get to catch up with Chaska, which was nice.

Now that nothing was occupying his mind, he was able to feel the loss of two of his family members- his brother, the Beta Ezekiel, and his mate, Niita. His heart was broken and it physically hurt to think of what might have happened to them. He certainly couldn't imagine anything but death keeping them away. They had both been so loyal, so invested in the pack. He simply refused to believe they weren't here by choice. The dark Alpha lifted his muzzle to the glittering sky, and howled sorrowfully with all his might, sending the call for as far as he could, for as long as he could.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had seen Steady in the circle hours before seeing she liked to sleep in the stone circle under the starry skies. This way she felt less alone when she would sleep. She decided to delay her rest for a bit more seeing Steady sitting there alone. She allowed him a moment of solitude, perhaps it would do him well. She couldn't really claim the circle as he sleeping spot now could she. She took off to have a look at the herds, perhaps they would show her some new insight at night.

When she returned hours later she saw that Steady hadn't moved. The female trotted into the circle, remembering Grayday's words and how they helped her. He would be a good counselor. She woofed softly to let him know she was there and she would not startle her alpha. They all had to cope with the loss of Ezekiel and Niita. However for Valette is was mostly Ezekiel she missed as bad as that sounded. She could imagine for Steady it was a lot harder. She nudged his shoulder, along with a gentle tail wag to cheer him up a bit.

"I was feeling blue recently too, until Grayday came to offer me some therapy," she spoke calmly. It was clear that Steady was missing their members. Especially the unknowing hurt the most in her eyes. She sat down next to him. 'I don't know if you want to hear it," she spoke. Perhaps he didn't want her to talk at all.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
A woof caught his attention, and his head whipped around, almost thinking it could be either Niita or Ezekiel. It was Valette, though he wasn't disappointed. Sure, he wished it was his missing mate and Beta, but Valette had always had a soft spot in his heart. It wasn't daughter-like, nor sister-like, but... well, something. He had never bothered to delve into it, really.

He gave her a nudge in return, his ears perking when she admitted Grayday had offered her some advice. He wondered if it was difficult advice to hear, figuring if it was easy, she wouldn't be leading with the statement. Valette seemed to think it might work, so Steady nodded. Sure, he said. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded when Steady confirmed that he wanted more insight. She sat next to him to offer him some warmth and comfort. "Well, he told me to think of your best memory of her," she started. The young female hoped that it wouldn't create much sadness as it did with her. But Grayday did handle it well. He was really good at the therapisting part of counseling in her eyes. "It has to be your favorite. You should think real hard about that and then tell me when you have it."

It helped for her, it was a nice thing to reflect about. She just picked Niita this time because she felt like he might be the most upset about that. It seemed the most logical thing for her that he was upset about Niita vanishing. Perhaps he was upset about Ezekiel too, but they had a different relationship. Valette just hoped that any of them would return so at least one of them could have piece.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He looked to Valette, trying to take her, and Grayday’s advice, and think of the best memory he had of Niita. There were so many, it was hard to pick on. It seemed as if every moment with her was his best one, and they had always gotten better and better. But, if he had to pick a very favorite, The day I met her, he said.

He took a deep breath to steady himself, releasing it slowly. I knew, the moment I laid eyes on her, that my whole world had changed, that we would be together, he confessed. I thought forever, he added softly. He still held out hope that Niita, and Ezekiel would return, but the fear was seeping in that they wouldn’t.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when he told her. She decided that it was good for their bonding too, not only for the remembering of Niita. It was a sweet story. Though it was different compared to her own story. She nodded when he spoke about her. "Steady, you should know that Niita would never just leave without a reason. She loves you. She is a good and loyal wolf. There are a lot of things the could've held her up. She wouldn't abandon us for no reason."

She nudged his shoulder with a gentle smile, not because she was happy but she wanted to comfort him. She hoped Niita would return to Steady, so he could feel a bit happier about this move if he wasn't so already. "She would want you to be happy. I know that. You should think about that too," she added, she was clearly not as good as Grayday with this.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nodded, knowing Valette was right that Niita would not leave without reason. That's what scared him so much. What if she had died? What if the wolves of her past had found her and taken her? Steady couldn't share those fears without betraying Niita's trust, and so he kept quiet on it. But, it lurked in the back of his mind. 

I know she would, he confessed. It will just take time. His heart was not great at moving on quickly, he knew. Besides, as far as he was concerned, there was no other in this pack that he was interested in like that. Little did he know, fate might just change that. He gave Valette a nudge. Thank you for talking to me. It did help, he said softly.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when Steady thanked her, yet it was not only her. It was mostly Grayday's words she repeated. "You are welcome, but you should thank Grayday too," she spoke with a smile. A soft hum came from her lips and then she yawned. It was late after all. She wanted to sleep before but then didn't because Steady was in this circle looking gloomy.

The dark female smiled at him. "So I am going to sleep. It is late, you should sleep too," she spoke more softly. Steady probably needed his sleep so he could be strong and fresh the next day. She was not certain how much energy being an alpha would take, but she figured it would be a lot.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Valette admitted that he should thank Grayday, as well, and Steady nodded. I'll do that, he said. He wondered how his friend was doing, and if the female he mated with was, in fact, pregnant, but he figured he would find out soon enough. He noticed Valette's yawn, and figured the night was over for her. He hadn't realized that he was in her sleeping spot. 

She confirmed it, and he nodded again. I suppose you are right, he admitted. Standing, he nudged her neck. Good night, he said, and turned to head to his den to try and get some sleep before the sun rose.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched him get up and nuzzle against her neck for a moment. She nudged him back and licked him under his chin as a sign of respect. That was when he took off to his own den. The girl couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. She was not sure what she expected, or if she expected them to snuggle up together at all. Perhaps it was weird she would even think that and quickly shoved that thought away.

She curled up tightly against one of the rocks she chosen. Unfortunately the rock wasn't warmed by the sun anymore, so she shifted a bit away from it to not get too cold. Perhaps for the winter she really should find a den.