Ankyra Sound stop i could've dropped my croissant
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
i thought long and hard about this... but this is 100% faithful to what caiaphas would do. we can do dice rolls if you want. i'll start a thread in the OOC forum. edit: holy hannah, spelling errors. fixed!

caiaphas was still roiling from this wolf's clear indolence -- there was only one way to access the shore -- and that was through sequoia forest. sequoia forest that for a month, had been heavily marked upon. that the wolf felt a pressing need to investigate was irrelevant to caiaphas' judgment; she had forfeited her life the moment she showed up on their patrolled strand.

she watched the exchange between the agouti and the russet outsider, her attention still unfavorably on the interloper. when another wolf -- distinctly the child lusca had purloined from caiaphas' loving claws -- approached, she hailed her with a wave of her tail but said nothing. it panged her in a way to see wylla -- but if wylla was to lead, she was to witness what leaders did when their borders were defied.

caiaphas would not have known it was common knowledge to not set up shop next to another pack -- in the wild (and she was arguably wild) wolf territories bordered each other. never once had caiaphas been concerned drageda's presence would impose their progress -- for good reason -- the massive cliffs were inpenetrable, sheer faces and ankyra was bordered by them. unless drageda had bungie-cords made of braided kelp and seaweed, the siren saw no feasible way they could have countered their claim. she had ruled ankyra territory on three separate occasions and knew the strand well; as far as the sylph was rightly or wrongly concerned, the beach belonged to her and her brood alone. 

"i know where you're from. drageda." she stepped forward, a sneer plastered across her ugly muzzle. "and it looks to me that you have a nose, don't you?" her voice was honeyed, but vehemently ingenuine. "funny thing, about that nose -- i bet it works -- and with a nose that works, you would have noticed all the markings on the border? in the forest?" she blinked innocently, another predatory step taken in rose's direction.

"and yet you trespassed anyway." the siren queen shook her head admonishingly, as if disappointed in the russet female. "seems to me either, you don't care for fostering healthy relationships with another pack, or your nose broke." she drew her gaze along rose's nose. nope, perfectly functional -- the yearling was just feckless and heedless of consequence.

now she was but five feet from the drageda wolf, and she drank of rose's scent and smiled a rueful, cruel smile that showed clearly the impressive arsenal of rapier-like teeth she harbored. she glanced at the cliffs and continued: "you know what happens to trespassers in your pack. coincidentally, that's also what happens in mine." her last few words ended in a snarl -- and no sooner had their venomous tone hit the air was caiaphas in motion.

the sylph was not a master warrior by accident; with a slash of her paw she upturned the sand at her feet in rose's direction, sending a long, gravelly wave aimed directly for rose's muzzle in the hopes to stun and blind her. caiaphas did not wait to witness the result of her actions: she surged forward, wicked jaws parted wide and aiming directly for the point of neck that sat immediately behind the jaw. control this area of the wolf, and one controlled the outcome of battle -- with rose's attention likely on the sand (and possibly blinded and unable to see caiaphas' onslaught) caiaphas was sure her accuracy would prevail - she threw the entire of her weight behind her, and kept her muzzle low for maximum momentum and protection. the sireen queen took into account any duck or leap backwards the wolf was liable to make -- and if caiaphas made contact, she would wrench her entire body in an effort to savage the female's neck and scruff.

there was no hesitation in the sylph's onslaught. she worked with a keening, barbaric efficiency -- a wildling thing well acquainted to the graft of violence.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Rose - January 07, 2018, 11:24 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Nyx - January 09, 2018, 03:07 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Rose - January 12, 2018, 10:26 AM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Caiaphas - January 14, 2018, 07:27 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Wylla - January 14, 2018, 08:06 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Nyx - January 16, 2018, 01:47 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Rose - January 16, 2018, 04:10 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Caiaphas - January 16, 2018, 06:43 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Wylla - January 16, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Nyx - January 17, 2018, 05:01 AM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Rose - January 17, 2018, 02:57 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Caiaphas - January 17, 2018, 07:44 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Wylla - January 21, 2018, 06:03 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Nyx - February 09, 2018, 11:14 AM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Rose - February 22, 2018, 09:07 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Caiaphas - February 25, 2018, 01:31 PM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Wylla - February 28, 2018, 10:57 AM
RE: stop i could've dropped my croissant - by Nyx - March 06, 2018, 03:01 PM