Heron Lake Plateau i could tell she wasn't lying, you were lying with a lion up there
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas hoped for a distraction, a story to take her mind off of the profound loss her family had experienced. she listened with a weary quiet, her eyes following the staggering pronking of lycaon's only surviving child. she motioned towards him with a cant of her head, as if to suggest niamh could discipline him if his advances became unwanted.

she had not missed the silent misgiving that briefly flitted across niamh's expression, but it did not offend her. after all, a life had been extinguished -- it was hardly a casual conversation. as niamh showed her teeth, caiaphas caught the ugly flare of bloodied gum where a tooth had once been. gruesome, but the price one paid to exact revenge.

as svalinn clambered about his adult look-alike, caiaphas struggled for things to say. finally, her sorry cynicism got the better of her. "safe for now -- but safe is not a constant." she looked out beyond them, where the ferns bent earthward and pale clouds moved slowly across the sky. "a tragic story, though it sounds as if what needed to be done, was done. did he have allies that will hunt us down?" caiaphas, in some ways,was looking to make herself useful to the clan that had accepted her.. or at least appear to be useful, anyway. with a more measured expression, caiaphas focused her attention on svalinn, who presently seemed every bit capable of causing a tiny ruckus - she flipped an apologetic smile on and then off at the female, who endured the child's rambunctiousness with grace. "if he is too much, you can push him away."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i could tell she wasn't lying, you were lying with a lion up there - by Caiaphas - June 30, 2018, 07:04 PM