Phoenix Maplewood I find it hard to give up
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
It was early afternoon, and Aviana strolled along the borders of Morningside, marking the territory with her scent to warn any outsiders not to cross this line. Her tail was held high and her ears were perked, as a leader's should be, but this was not the normal stance for Aviana. If she was honest with herself, she was nervous about being the highest ranking wolf. She was not a warrior, and would be afraid that she would fail the pack if it came to a fight. Not that she wouldn't give her best. She simply wasn't skilled. 

But, she would not let her nervousness show. There was too much on the line, and she didn't want to give any of her family members a reason to think she was not capable. Fake it till you make it, if you will. As nervous as she was, she was glad that there were still wolves around that she was familiar with and trusted. And the newcomers seemed eager to get into the groove of pack things. All in all, things were going well, despite the recent events that moved them, and the disappearance of their leadership. 

She paused in her rounds, her head lifting to survey the forest before her. The past few days had been quiet, thankfully, and she hoped it stayed that way.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
She left Steph in charge of EH but would also tell @Greyback to keep an eye on things while she travels to Morningside

Valette knew where to go when traveling to Morningside, aka Phoenix Maplewood. She had not been there in a long time, shame on her. Especially since her mother had been buried there. It did give her an idea though. Valette traveled swiftly all through the night. This ranger task gave her something to do and not think too much about Stark. She had been feeling guilty enough that she had let Morningside wait. Then again, this matter of telling her children their father vanished had been more important at the moment.

Valette came to the woods, early afternoon. She howled for anyone that might be there. Normally she would howl for leadership but hearing from Greyback that there was none she howled for everyone. The dark-colored female then waited at the edge of the border. She was a friend. Morningside knew her as a friend so she took a bit more liberty. She hoped the pups were alright. Greyback talked about medics being injured and pups without parents. It as a serious case indeed.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her head jerked in the direction of the howl. She hadn't been expecting anyone, but since she was so close, she answered it. She moved quickly to the stranger, her tail and head held high, but her tail waved in a friendly greeting. The black wolf was close, but she didn't look unfriendly.

Aviana paused several yards away. Hello, I'm Aviana, leader here. How can I help you? she asked. She was patient as she waited for an answer, not bothering to mention how close the other wolf was. Was she familiar to this place? Aviana hadn't spent much time outside the borders at all, so it was possible a packmate had made friend with someone.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was surprised to be met with a female she hadn't seen before. She expected Sunny or someone else from Morningside. What happened with Pema? Dawn? Valette's stomach tightened. The female introduced herself as the leader. She couldn't help but look surprised. "Oh! Hello, Aviana," Valette greeted. Valette dipped her head.

"I'm Valette, leader of Easthollow," she introduced. "I am surprised that there is a leader now. After I saw the dark clouds from the fire I send Greyback to make sure you were alright. He came back with a grave message about Morningside being leaderless? And that there was an injured medic and also pups without mothers," she spoke with some worry.

She then looked over the female, perhaps she didn't know... "Easthollow and Morningside are allies! I am an experienced mother and if we need to take in any of your members, children or adults, they can come to us," she explained. She wouldn't want the pups to go hungry. Perhaps she was a bit too forward so she stopped talking and offered a kind yet worried smile.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The other female didn't hide her surprise at Aviana's title. Aviana didn't take it as an offense, and merely rolled with it. She dipped her head in response to Valette's greeting, and listened as she explained the reports she had gotten and why she was here. Aviana had heard of Easthollow, though she hadn't personally met anyone from the pack before. She knew they were allies.

Valette offered to take any members that needed help, and Aviana gave her a soft smile. We certainly appreciate that. Greyback was not wrong in his message, she admitted. We were displaced by a fire in the valley, [b]Aditya and Dawn have disappeared,  and Sunny is not yet ready to take on a leadership role, [/b]she explained. Many of our members have not yet been found, she added sadly. She still held hope that they were somewhere out there, recuperating. But, all is not lost. I have stepped up, and I am Alpha until Sunny is ready. We are regrouping. 

The newly appointed Alpha was hopeful that the pack would come together and thrive once more. I do appreciate you coming here to check on us, and your offer to take any members that need help that we can't provide. I will certainly pass that on to the adults, she promised. 

If you like, you're welcome to stay awhile and rest, she offered. She didn't think Easthollow was very close, and  Aviana figured Valette must have been tired from the trek.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
feel free to skip me unless directly questioned!! She just a nosy guard lmao

Sunny wished to lead, but was not ready and while preparing for his leadership, Aviana was to be the Matron. Desdemona was satisfied they gain some sort of leadership, decreasing the tension of Aditiya's disappearance. Though slowly would Morningside decrease, as some would be gone sooner or late. But they would survive. 

As per usual, the dark dame would do her daily routine. Every morning, every afternoon, every evening, and every night she would circle the forest and patrol, making sure no loners would intrude. Desdemona saw Aviana before and gave a nod of acknowledgment befor skulking off to her rituals. She was glad they were dutiful on taking the reigns; blissfully unaware the stress she had.

Her large bat ears heard the call of a summons, but not in anyone particular. Once again, they seemed popular for guests, but not long-term members. She went forth on this calling, slender legs gracefully walking forward the duo. She seemed to be late, but did catch the last words. Upon seeing who they were with no hosility, and hearing where one was from; the wolf came in a calm manner. Another envoy from Easthollow, who seemed ready to take in their wolves. She had a rather positive outlook on the ally. Desdemona approached, giving a dip of the head in greeting toward Aviana, and the same toward the other.

She said nothing, but stood back as a guard to the lady.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched the female as she started to explain that Greyback had been right, in a way. It wasn't like she was going to adopt some baby wolf pups today. Why was she a bit disappointed? Perhaps it would be better with them to stay with their own family, though some fuzzy babies were always welcome to Valette. Though, as she thought about it, the female realized that she didn't even know the age of these children, perhaps they were as old, or even older compared to hers.

"Right," she confirmed she understood. "I knew about the fire. I'm sorry you lost your pack members," she spoke compassionately. "Well, if the regrouping is too difficult then you are always welcome at Easthollow." The female said that she stepped up as the leader. She knew how tough it was to lead after you lost your family members. It wasn't easy. "Of course, that is why we are allies. Sunny lived with us for a while. I'm glad that he will follow his father's footsteps."

Valette realized that her travels were rather in vain, although, she did show her face which was also important. She couldn't have only messengers to be talking to Morningside. Valette then noticed another female coming closer. Valette returned the greeting. "Actually," she started. "I have another request, now I am here," she spoke. She might as well make use of her visit here. "I've lived in these woods when I was a youngster. When I did, my mother, Scarlett died. I would like to visit her grave and perhaps take some of her bones to bury by our sacred stones," she explained. "Would you allow me to do so?"
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Motion from her side caught her eye, and Aviana turned her head to see Desdemona. Her tail wagged in greeting before she turned back to their visitor. She was grateful for Valette's offer to help the pack, and Aviana would not soon forget it, especially if they ended up needing it. I really do appreciate that, and I will take you up on it if we need it, she assured the other woman. Yes, I'm excited for Sunny, too. I think Grayday would be very proud of him. She just wished he was here to see his son all grown up.

Her ears perked when Valette admitted she had a request. Aviana nodded for her to go on, interested in what she was going to ask. Her expression turned to empathy when she admitted her mother was buried here. I'm so sorry about her mother, she said genuinely. Of course you're welcome to come in and retrieve her. If you need help taking her back to Easthollow, I'm sure I could find a volunteer to help you, she offered, hoping her voice was loud enough for Desdemona to hear. Aviana thought she would be a perfect volunteer. Hint hint.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She kept her presence as minimal as possible, acting what a guard should do. Though while keeping a neutral expression without voicing any words, her thoughts couldn't help but follow along. Desdemona has spent a while within the woods, and hasn't come across any burials.. Then again, she rarely enters within the campgrounds unless an important matter arises. Despite being an official comrade, she hesitated going in. So, the slender wolf was curious on where these sacred bones were.

Large ears twitched at Aviana's hint, but she remained silent, and only noiselessly gave a nod. Desdemona was more of the obey type, unless ordered she wouldn't voice out much except of grave importance; with reluctance. But her nod was a sign she was fine with it- if the task was given to her, however.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head once more when the other told her that she was so grateful. She would see if the Morningsiders would make it. She hoped they would, they were all good friends after all. Valette could only agree with Aviana's words. "I am sure Grayday was already proud of him," she spoke with a smile. She knew Sunny and did wonder if he would make a good leader. He had been young when he was at Easthollow. Though now she thought about it, he could be quite dutiful.

Then Aviana agreed to let her take some of her mother's bones. Valette dipped her head in thank you. "I think I will be able to carry them myself," she admitted. Frankly, she wouldn't want anyone else to carry her mother's bones. "I will rest for a bit, perhaps see Sunny and then I will be out of your fur. You don't need to feed me or anything. Use it for your children," she wished. The female then dipped her head to thank you once more and backed off.

Last one for me! <3
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana saw the nod from Desdemona and was silently glad the girl had caught her hint. But, it seemed Valette would not need help, and Aviana nodded. Very well. You're welcome to stay as long as you like. I'm sure Sunny would be glad to see you, she replied with a soft smile. She wasn't worried about Valette roaming free in their territory. Aviana felt she could be trusted. 

With a nod to Desdemona, Aviana turned and headed back to the densite to check on her daughter.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She returned the Matrons nod, and started to turn back with her. Though she gave one more glance at the Easthollow leader with her jaden eyes, and gave a nod to her, before skulking back into the Maplewoods. She would continue back onto her routune of guarding, though Desdemona would keep a few tabs on Valette while she was in the territory. It wasn't that she didn't trust the female, but felt it would be inappropriate to let her wander in complete freedom Morningside, especially as the Pack is going through a few difficulties..