Sun Mote Copse So meet me where the lights dim
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
It'd taken some figuring, but Niamh had managed to dig out a frozen trout from the river when it had frozen so quickly overnight. With the temperature dropping so suddenly, the water had frozen so clear and calm that Niamh had been able to see the fish where its tail had first been frozen, immobilizing it, and then slowly the rest of it had become frozen as well. Fortunately for her, the ice had begun to warm in the daytime sun as she roved along the borders, and with a few crashing blows of her front feet she'd broken through the ice and had snagged the portion with the frozen fish before it had a chance to be carried under the ice downriver. 

She was quite proud of herself and carried it along with her as it slowly melted, water running down the underside of her chin toward her chest. The fish was still frozen under at least one inch of ice arund it on all ends, but it wouldn't take a wolf any effort to crack through that. She thought to bring it to Finley, because she figured by now that she'd be pregnant, or something. May as well start feeding other wolves' babies, since she wasn't allowed to have her own. 

It was still a slight point of contension for Niamh, who found herself wishing with each and every day that she and Colt would be given permission. She dreaded the day when she'd go into heat- but like a girl who wanted to get her first period so she could fit in with her friends who already had, she also wanted it to come so that at least she could know she was normal. She was silently enduring this wistfulness, but was able to keep herself plenty busy both with patrolling and hunting- as she could tell Kiwi was as well. When she saw the reddish figure in the distance coming toward her- having assumably formed a patrol in contrary motion to Niamh's patrol, she chuffed and continued toward her. 

"Lookit thish," She said, once she'd come close enough, and flicked her head, tossing the frozen fish into the air. It wasn't cube shaped, but rectabgle-shaped, as the fish itself was at least a healthy 11 inches long, fin included. Not much more than a snack, but still somewhat interesting given the fact that it'd been frozen in a block of ice that she'd managed to break free. She didn't care if Kiwi caught it, or it it fell and shattered- it'd still be edible.
Messages In This Thread
So meet me where the lights dim - by Kiwi RIP - March 07, 2019, 12:45 PM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by RIP Niamh - March 11, 2019, 11:36 AM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by Kiwi RIP - March 13, 2019, 08:30 AM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by RIP Niamh - March 13, 2019, 12:35 PM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by Kiwi RIP - March 14, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by RIP Niamh - March 25, 2019, 01:42 PM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by Kiwi RIP - April 02, 2019, 11:53 PM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by RIP Niamh - April 09, 2019, 11:32 AM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by Kiwi RIP - April 15, 2019, 11:36 AM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by RIP Niamh - April 16, 2019, 11:03 PM
RE: So meet me where the lights dim - by Kiwi RIP - April 17, 2019, 05:45 PM