Arrow Lake this is the second-best idea that we've ever had
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
All Welcome 
Task: provide assistance where needed to a new or expecting mother that is not aure

He'd taken down a muskrat near the northern edge of the lake and had meant to bring it to Aure--only to find that someone else had left kill near her den, too, and a lot more of it. Well, fuck. So he went and did the next best thing, which also happened to be something Stigmata had told him to do, anyway. He hoped this was okay. He supposed he'd give it a try.

Vercingetorix stopped well shy of @Takiyok's whelping den and set the prey down, giving the new mother a gentle chuff. Hey, Takiyok? he called, hoping she was in there to hear him, or else he'd look like a total moron (not a big change from normal, but you know). I brought you some food if you're hungry.
Common · Trigedasleng
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her days were spent napping, eating, and most of all tending to the children. The delivery of the four bearcubs had taken a lot out of her, and she still found that her energy was not where it had been even towards the end of her pregnancy when she was huge and tired. And wow was she hungry all the time, which she figured was normal when you were sharing your nutrients with four giant ass puppies. In fact, the four of them were all ravenously nursing now, and Taki had been watching them quietly and proudly when she scented the approach of someone that wasn't Stigmata or Mahler. She tensed a little, unsure if she was feeling ready to let anyone else aside from them inside her den yet, but the mention of food made her stomach grumble. She was pretty hungry, and it wasn't like Vercingetorix was exactly a stranger. You can bring it in, she finally replied, her hunger winning out in the end. She glanced down to her children and seeing that they were all still tucked safely against her and nursing happily, she returned her gaze to the den opening to wait for her packmate to enter.
Inuttuk
Common

Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
His ears flattened a bit in uncertainty at the explanation, eyes darting as if expecting Stigmata to jump out of the bushes at any moment and kick his ass. He'd do the same, after all, right? But it was silly to dilly-dally at this point, after an express command from the mother. Any longer and she'd be doing the ass-kicking. So he picked up the muskrat with a small sigh and padded to the den entrance.

Verx placed the muskrat near her paws, and then his gaze widened as it shifted over. He wondered if he'd somehow blinked and missed a couple months, because holy fucking shitballs those kids were huge. He was really gonna have to work with Drago and Isi on their sparring skills if they were gonna keep up. The brute returned his eyes, alight with good humor, to Takiyok, and he took a step back, still close enough to speak but not crowding her personal space.

How're you doing? he asked, smiling. Not the same impish grin he'd given her once before, but something more muted. Certainly wasn't about trying to smash anymore. Kids doing okay?
Common · Trigedasleng
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She didn't miss the way his eyes widened as he took in the four monstrous children. Yes, they are quite large, she said first, pride in her voice. It had been difficult to birth them but now that it was done, she was glad to have such big, healthy children. And I am okay...Tired and hungry mostly, she continued. So thank you, she offered, motioning to the much appreciated meal he had brought to her. She began to eat, unable to restrain herself at the smell of fresh meat. She swallowed and glanced up at the former sea wolf. And you? she asked, citrine gaze drifting to his neck. How are you? She wondered what had caused the wound but decided to wait to start asking questions about it. She had no idea what kind of situation drove them from their home, aside from the minute details offered at the borders the day of their arrival, but she assumed it wasn't something easily discussed, especially with someone who could probably only be considered an acquaintance, even if they were packmates now.
Inuttuk
Common

Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
She was perceptive, so of course she intuited what he was thinking. Verx snorted, his smile growing bigger. Understatement of the year, he remarked teasingly. He gave a nod of acceptance to her thanks, gladly taking credit. No one ever said he was a humble man, after all.

I'm fine, I guess, he responded, catching her glance at his throat. Day by day. Kids are keepin' me going, really. He might not be here without them. He'd be in Trigeda, he supposed. . .or dead.

The thought of Trigeda reminded him of their last conversation, so different from this. Hey, did you ever find the family members you were looking for? he asked gently, hoping not to offend her should the answer be negative. I tried to keep an eye out for them but never saw or heard anything useful.
Common · Trigedasleng
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She couldn't begrudge him his vague answer; it was similar to what she offered when asked about her own current state. She was never one to complain, nor did she ever really relish the idea of inviting others into her problems. So, she didn't probe him further regarding the origin of his neck wound, assuming he would have offered the information if he wanted to talk about it. Kids are a good reason to keep going, she finally said. I hope yours are well. They were born just days before her own, and Taki hoped they would all get along as they grew. 

The subject of her missing family was one of those things she didn't really wish to discuss, but she could help the sudden surge of anger and resentment the rushed through her at his words. She sighed in frustration, glancing down at her children to make sure she hadn't accidentally disturbed any of them. The twins, which was what she had taken to calling the two white pups that were born so close together, had fallen asleep on top of each other while their two brothers continued to nurse, hunger apparently not sated yet. She looked back to the former sea wolf, shadows moving across her fiery gaze. I found my brother recently, she started, the subject refreshing the heartbreak she had felt the day she had found him mentally broken. He had refused her help and taken off again, so she tried to move forward and focus on raising her children. I still don't know where my sisters are, Taki said next, sadness heavy in her voice. I found one niece alive and well with Undersea, and one nephew still remains missing. She paused for second, readying herself for the rush of anger that would come once more when she spoke her next words. I also found my other niece and nephew with Rusalka, she said, disgust in her tone as she spoke the name of the pack. The dark-faced bitch that leads there, I don't remember her name, nor do I care what it is, she refused to let me see that they were alive and well, so I only have her word that they're okay. She shook her head at them memory, her contempt for the Rusalka leader still as potent as it had been that day. I was by myself, she started. If I had attacked her like I wanted to, then I would have been against a whole pack. She looked away, unable to say anymore. It was too upsetting to think about.
Inuttuk
Common

Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He regretted bringing it up at her sigh, cringing a little. Still, he held steady, waiting for a response that must come, right? Actually, he'd totally fuck off if she wanted him to. But then she started speaking, and he listened idly. Some found, but not all. His ears didn't really perk up until the word Rusalka left her lips.

The dark-faced bitch that leads there. Vercingetorix couldn't help it; he snorted, laughing, though hushing himself quickly with a glance at the pups. Sorry, uh, he whispered, smiling ruefully. Dark-faced bitch. Blackhead. She's the reason I look and sound like this. She went after me unprovoked.

Verx lifted his shoulders, then let them fall in a shrug. Bad blood between our packs, yeah? But there was no reason for her to do what she did. She's a fucking psychopath. He didn't need to tell her. Apparently Megacunt had a pretty big reputation around here, which was, oh, shocking.

I was gonna go back and kill her one day, but hey, I'll bring you along too if you're game, he chuckled. Would be good to have some company. And it was good to know that others felt the same as he did about her. Finding someone to commiserate with was always nice. But enough about him-- I'm sorry she kept your niece and nephew away from you. Fuckin' bullshit. She would pull a stunt like that.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His laughter surprised her, making her whip her head back to look at him again. The pups didn't seem to be phased in the slightest, but she was certainly wondering what was so funny. But then he explained. She glanced down to his neck once more as he told of her of his own run-in with the dark-faced bitch. She definitely had no trouble believing the woman was a psychopath; who, other than a crazy bitch, would keep children away from their own family? And apparently, she attacked her enemies unprovoked; Taki wasn't surprised by that either. 

When he informed her of his plan of revenge and invited her along, a lethal smile briefly crossed her face. I would love nothing more, she answered. She had planned to do the same herself, actually; she had just been trying to come up with a way to gather followers to help because she had a feeling the bitch wouldn't die easily. Taki should have known the Rusalka leader would have more enemies than just her, and one day, that would be her downfall. 

She shook her head a little at his words regarding her family. Killing her has been my plan since then, she answered, not wishing to speak of her family anymore. It was much easier to plot the death of the Rusalka leader who unnecessarily kept from her what was hers.
Inuttuk
Common

Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Damn, Takiyok got sexy when she plotted revenge. He felt a slight stirring of his loins at the sight, then laughed it off, his grin growing wider. Yeah, perfect time to proposition the hot chick, right after she's had another dude's babies. Biology, man. What a fucking trip.

Well then it's a plan, Verx remarked, nodding. I'll hold you to it, you know, he added, aiming a wink her way. But uh, yeah--I don't know when or how, I just know I wanna do it. And now I have more reason to--and a partner in crime, too.

That settled, his gaze went once more toward the pups. I should let you get some rest, he said, bringing himself back to the present moment. I'm glad everything's okay, Takiyok. Let me know if you need anything else.

Should she be without need for right now, he'd spin and take off, chuckling to himself about Blackhead and the small, small world they all inhabited.
Common · Trigedasleng
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She gave a stiff nod. Good. I look forward to it, she replied. Now that someone else shared her hatred for the Rusalka leader and wanted revenge as much, if not more, than she did, she felt like her goal was more attainable. She nodded again at his departing words. Thanks for the food, she said as he turned to leave. And after he left, she would finish her meal before napping with the children, her dreams filled with the dark-faced women's lifeless body at her feet.
Inuttuk
Common