Sun Mote Copse We are legion
All Welcome  April 17, 2019, 01:30 PM
Wildfire
Firebirds
Sovereign
Aside from the everyday miracle of raising two kids, life was unremarkable lately—just how Wildfire wanted it, honestly. Now that the pups were eating more meat and less milk, it freed her to resume more of her usual responsibilities. She left them in @Eljay's capable hands for a while today to do a full patrol of the copse, enjoying the springtime splendor and the momentary solitude. Motherhood was wonderful but it was also very, very demanding, and she appreciated these moments to herself.

She began to maker her way back toward the den, thinking about how she could begin taking little @Elfie and @Weejay along with her on brief forays soon. Perhaps one of their first outings would be to see @Finley's or @Niamh's litters once they gave birth. That thought made Wildfire pause, the April sunshine dappling her red coat through the leafing trees. Before she returned home, perhaps she should seek out one or both of them to see how their pregnancies were coming along.

Wildfire pivoted and decided to purse the scent she struck first, which happened to be the Tradesman's.
April 17, 2019, 02:20 PM
Niamh
Firebirds
Tradesman II
Niamh wasn’t sure why she felt this way- but she’d caught sight of two mallards on the river while she was patrolling and it made her cry. Not just simple, happy tears but ugly, choking sobs. The mallards were a pair, a male and a female, and she imagined that soon they’d have ducklings. But the male never strayed from the female’s side, and something about that upset Niamh, who let the ducks be, as they paddled on the cool, open waters, and continued to trudge along the borders, sniffling and crying as she went.

At the forefront of her mind was her upcoming litter, and the fact that she wouldn’t know which surname to give them. Colt hadn’t proposed to her (again) yet, and she didn’t want to push things so she’d refrained from doing so on multiple occasions when the impulse had struck. But she knew she’d been ready to officially be his mate as soon as she’d joined the pack- but that he hadn’t been. Insecurity- an unfamiliar feeling for the golden female- made her doubt herself, and question how much he wanted her, filling her mind with outlandish thoughts. Would he ever want her to be his official mate again? Was he only sticking with her because he knew how much she wanted kids? And after they were born, would he love them more than her? While she knew that Colt loved her, the change in hormones played the culprit and made her hyper-sensitive and emotional. She walked along slowly, still checking the borders and reinforcing markings, but couldn’t stop the tears that trickled down her cheeks, renewed with each completely ridiculous doubt that came to mind. Her vision blurred, she didn’t notice that Wildfire had begun to catch up and follow her tracks, so she simply kept forging her way ahead, audibly weeping as she went.
April 17, 2019, 03:53 PM
Wildfire
Firebirds
Sovereign
It didn't take the seasoned tracker very long to catch up with Niamh. She announced her presence with a woof as she approached from the rear, gliding forward to flank the Tradesman. Wildfire's chestnut gaze lingered on the other woman's midsection before tracing up to her face, at which point the smile blossoming on her own face immediately wilted. Oh, hon, she thought, her inner voice sounding almost exactly like her old friend, @Portia.

"Is something the matter? Or just hormones?" Wildfire asked gently, wetting her lips. She caught Niamh's eye and observed the glisten there, as well as the dampness on her cheeks. Despite the fact she had clearly been crying, the Sovereign felt an unexpected dip and swoop in her belly. She blinked, caught more than a little off guard by her own reaction.
April 17, 2019, 06:25 PM
Niamh
Firebirds
Tradesman II
Pouting, Niamh turned her head to see Wildfire approaching her after she’d caught the weary girl’s attention with a bark. She sniffed and rubbed her muzzle along one slender forearm, brushing away the tears off her cheeks so she might look a bit better. She didn’t however, change the doleful expression of her face and when Wildfire spoke, her lower lip trembled.

”H’it’s. Not just hormones,” Complained the very much incorrect wretch. She hiccoughed, and then a sob caught in her throat as she began to cry again, plonking her bottom down on the ground dramatically. She made an ugly face. ”Everything’s just....Guhhh,” She wailed bitterly.
April 18, 2019, 07:50 PM
Wildfire
Firebirds
Sovereign
Niamh insisted it wasn't the hormones and Wildfire felt a pulse of mild alarm. If not hormones, then what was the matter? Pushing aside her strange feelings for now, she tried to focus on the Tradesman in the hope of sussing out the problem and hopefully helping to mend it.

"Everything's just...?" she pressed, voice still gentle. "Talk to me, Niamh. What's going on? How can I help?" The Sovereign liked to think she would've felt this earnestly invested in any one of her pack mates, though she felt another pull of—she couldn't deny it—magnetism. She'd always thought Niamh pretty, though for many reasons, she'd stopped short of developing a crush on her. Or had she?
April 19, 2019, 06:18 PM
Niamh
Firebirds
Tradesman II
Fortunately for Niamh, Wildfire didn’t seem to take offense to her complaint, or the fact that she was a mess. Her concern was genuine and sweet, and allowed Niamh to feel comfortable resuming the bawl-and-snot show she’d been putting on before Wildfire showed up. She did try to refrain from the ugly cry, and kept wiping the tears from her cheeks with one of her forelegs. She started to hiccough when posed a question. 

”It’s just everything,” She said melodramatically. ”I just saw two freakin’ ducks and they looked so happy, and they made me hungry but sad, and I feel hungry all the time, and I’m getting fat and my hair’s falling out and my belly’s sagging and -hic-“ She said, and wiped her cheek again. ”Frickin’ ducks.” She muttered quietly. She was quiet for a moment, save for the odd hiccough, before she turned her watery gaze to Wildfire. ”It is just hormones, isn’t it?”