Ankyra Sound [vs] i will haunt you, hunt you down during the night
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
for @Vaati - all tags for reference, but ofc AW <3  i am not sure if this counts as a challenge, since she is going for alpha female (which is empty) -- let me know how you want to handle it!!

a month ago rusalka's future was uncertain: drageda loomed in the cliffs overhead, and the heirarchy proved unstable. yet with firefly ousted (and gone, of his own accord caiaphas presumed, taking yami with him) and the three expectant mothers fully whelped, rusalka began to settle.

a month ago, caiaphas' throat had been torn. today, she walked with her old confidence, the ugly bare skin knitted back into a patchwork scar. her muzzle was still flecked and the wound still healing within, but she guarded it no longer.

today, caiaphas was fit to rule -- and perhaps, for the first time in her life, she sought to do so. checking first with @Erzulie and @Rosalyn, caiaphas was pleased to see the brood prospering. @Grezig's whelps were finding their world grow larger day by day, and the sylph enjoyed what little time she had to spare with them.

vaati would see as caiaphas approached, that the old glint in her gaze was back. she did not wish to usurp him as firefly had done to her, but she wanted after control, having grown quite accustomed to it during her tenure as leader. "vaati," the crone greeted him warmly enough, a sweep of her tail given in bowed respect. "i come to take my station back." she was bold for a woman bested not even a month before, and she turned her slender muzzle to glance sidelong at the titan for his reaction. "given the rank is unoccupied, who do i fight for it?" the crone cast him a wry smile, mischief having returned to her hawk-yellow gaze.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.