Stone Circle it took every ounce of faith i had to keep on keeping on
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette gave the female an apologetic glance when the female was startled. She had not intended to make the female jump at her presence. In fact, that was the opposite what she wanted. Valette nodded, it was good to hear that she was at least settling in well. The matriarch smiled calmly. She had a sense the question was coming, luckily for Indra Valette loved talking about the stones.

"It has some weight, but hopefully not a depressing one," she admitted. "This is our stone circle. It is the central place of our pack. Most of the stones have a meaning that we take from the wolf that is buried at the foot of the stone," she explained. "See the tallest one? That is the Father stone, our founding leader is buried there. He stands for judgment and justice. Additionally, he protects “his children” he left behind. He is our symbol of protection and treating each other the right way as he would have done," Valette spoke and glanced at the stone with admiration. "I try to take inspiration from his leadership, protecting the pack with the skills that I have and to be fair and just to those who ask for a place in our ranks," she smiled kindly.

It was just one example. "I can continue about what each stone means, but the bottom line is that they are there for you if you might need them. For me, it is more personal as I knew all the wolves that are buried with each stone. But some come here for some quiet contemplating. Others might actually ask for advice to find that they might have the answer to themselves. When one of our loved ones dies we try to learn from their lives and remember them for who they were. We also hold most of our meetings here so we can be conscious of the wolves before us and how they made certain decisions." Valette realized she had been talking all in one go and Indra might have questions about this or wanted to voice her opinion. Some wolves thought the idea was stupid but there was just something about these stones that made them special and the reason why was for each wolf to decide for themselves.