I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
@Aurëwen
Takes place directly after this thread!

Diaspora is so close.

They have been traveling for awhile now. At first, the weight on his back was bizarre, but over time it became comforting to feel each breath Aurë took. A reminder that, despite her fading into slumber, she is still alive. Her heart beat, the subtle movement whenever she grew uncomfortable. It tells him she is okay.

He ignores the blood that trickles down his shoulder-blade, ignores the fear that their patchwork will not save her eye, much like how his own vision is impaired in his right. It's a fate he does not want anyone to suffer, especially those innocent and attacked for reasons unknown. Alas, Evergreen reaches the edge of Wapun Meadow.

His steady breathing shutters for a moment, and the bear gently nudges the injured wolf... attempting to waken her again, just to check in. Aurë, we're almost there.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The sightless side of her wan face was nestled into the timbery crook, where Evergreen’s neck spilled out into broad shoulders. Blood at her brow now sloughed in a creep when she raised her head, heard her name. Cheek matted with red, disheveled by a doze, she looked back into the dark, patient face.

Not him. Not Vonn, either. But he was just as much of a behemoth, and she was draped along him like down; deceitfully-long legs touching her toes to Evergreen’s elbows and hocks. Her tail, once so feathery with gaiety, now veiled over the cocoa of his. 

Aure, overall, was slow to register his words into her chaos-addled mind. Almost where ... ? Several heartbeats passed before— oh. Her nod was numb, and her words came off thick from a foreign tongue, ”... Okay.” 

She was so tired of crying; of being saved and tended to and pored over. She was so exhausted of being asked after and concerned of. Still, the stupid tears came once more, in hushed hitches of humiliation and desolation. These emotions were uncaring of whether she wanted to, as her mind snarled, Get a godsdamned grip! or not. Aure only wept more, and hated that Evergreen — so undeserving of this — had to be drowned in her tears. 

By the time she’d responded, she’d pressed herself back into the chocolatey ruff, where the salt of her grief ran freely. Even then, though, she tried to relate, ”You didn’t need to save me, E-Evergreen. But you did.”
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
I did it,,, a belated post,,,

Diaspora a hair out of their grasp. So close the mountains loom. Evergreen never visited their lands before, and he is sadden such circumstances have propelled him to do so. Upon his back he feels a new dampness to his scruff, burying deep within the thick of chocolate and caramel colored fur, Aurë weeps. The bear can do little, outside of offering comfort that she is not alone.

He knows how it is to go through loss, especially that of an eye. Prayer sets out as he pleads for Spirits to save Aurë for a permanent reminder. The scars that mar her pretty face are enough of punishment, although Eve himself is unaware they are made by the same man.

Her words nearly break his heart; for of course he needed to save her. The bear strides on. The meadow grass brushing against tired legs. I lost my sister because I was too late, he starts, swallowing thickly—debating if he ought to have kept that to himself, but it is already out in the air. I am just glad I was not too late for you, too.
Working on wrapping up current threads!