Moonspear and like the wind, they rise and fall
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
<3

he knew what must come next. it did not make bearing his grief any easier.

he bore it like a cross strapped to his back, with thorns edged inward. each step closer towards them was a step closer to finality; the thorns dug deeper, welting.

he could not think of it - of them - not there. not alive. his throat burned and his head swam in murky fog, choking thought and breath alike.

but it must happen -- this reality had to be reckoned with. no amount of disbelief or headshaking or begging or denial would make it not so. no amount of pleading, hoping, or praying would make it all go away.

it was like something some brilliant author had once said:

"knowing someone isn't coming back
doesn't mean you ever stop waiting."

they were not coming back. arcturus knew as he stepped behind jarilo that this would be the last he ever saw of his parents. he and jarilo would be the last souls to ever witness them -- and then, when he and jarilo died, would not the memory of their parents die with them?

he could not help the morbid thoughts that stole around him like a dark python; instead he focused on the timeless rise and fall of jarilo's hocks, a zombie bereft of any sense or feeling as he gravitated towards what must be done.

they were not coming back.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
and like the wind, they rise and fall - by Jarilo - July 02, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: and like the wind, they rise and fall - by Arcturus - July 05, 2019, 03:55 PM
RE: and like the wind, they rise and fall - by Jarilo - July 17, 2019, 01:23 AM
RE: and like the wind, they rise and fall - by Jarilo - August 14, 2019, 02:38 PM