Stone Circle we didn't even get a chance to say goodbye
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
Referencing these threads.

One day is scary enough, but another passes. Newt wakes up without seeing his aloof brother with them. Clay may have always been grumpy, may have always treated him poorly despite Newt’s best attempts… but he loves his brother.

So the panic settles in his bones.

He hates how scary it had been when Leta got hurt. He hates how powerless he was when West and Mama almost got trampled by bison. He hates how Papa got hurt, too. The quakes aren’t stopping either.

It all makes him jitter, shake.

And now Clay is gone.

Clay?! The greyscale pup screams, frantically rushing from the safety the Stone Circle has provided the Easthollow wolves. Clay! Where are you?! Clay!
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

was gonna make something similar so just gonna plop west here

also I hope you don't mind the slight pp at the end I can edit if needed

When Greyback had fallen, West decided he was going to take his father's place alongside the stones making sure everyone was safe. But shortly after he failed to even watch everyone as Clay soon disappeared. At first, he thought his brother was just off brooding somewhere, but as the days passed and he missed out on meals his concern grew. It's not like they could hunt much, plus so much of the food had run away.

He was left sitting by the stones, gazing out into the now empty fields when Newt's cries jolted him back to reality. Swiveling his head around he caught sight of the young scholar and bounded over SHHH— He trampled the boy, pinning him quickly ensuring he had his brother's attention. I don't think Mom realized yet. He spoke softly as he backed off, an unfitting frown sitting on his lips.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
MOM ENTERS AT CONVENIENT TIME

Valette had been running on a few power naps even before Greyback gotten injured. Now with her duties as the Matriarch keeping the pack safe, she also worried for her mate and wanted to fuss over him. On top of that the female also had to keep track of her four pups. Plus, Indra had not returned yet. You could say the mother's plate was a bit full at the moment.

Valette knew she should have rested but she couldn't. She wanted to provide for her family but only returned with a meager meal. A rabbit hung from her lips when she heard Newt call out. She instantly rushed forward with a worried look. When she arrived she noticed that West was on top of him and backing off, saying something about her not knowing yet.

Valette looked extremely tired and was in not a mood to really investigate what she didn't know yet. She dropped the rabbit. "What have I not realized, West?," she asked him, perhaps a bit strictly for how she normally would ask him but the female was running on her last bits of energy here. "I am not in the mood. Just tell me," she stated with a sigh.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
A yelp of surprise escapes the greyscale scholar as West tramples over him, pinning him to the ground. Panicked already, Newt feels the air rush from his lungs, and immediately unleashes the tears he has been holding back.

Get off! He screeches, snapping his jaws at West—he scrambles to his feet the moment his brother backs away, and frantically continues his search. His eyes registering nothing, and mostly just spinning in a blur. We have to find him. He could be hurt somewhere.

Clay! He shouts again—shifting nervously when he realizes that Valette had approached them.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

The boy's ears pinned back as Newt started to tear up. He should know by now he can't just tackle him like that, especially with how big he was getting, but he stood by his word...until Valette made her presence known. Great, he was really digging a hole for himself now.

Newt had already blurted out their issue at hand before he had the chance to respond. With his tail tucked between his legs, the large boy turned his head slowly to look back at his mother looking...rather guilty that he had been overheard. I haven't seen him in a day or two now. He too wanted to go out and look for their youngest brother, but he'd rather go without their mother's worry.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette frowned when Newt seemed frantic about Clay and that West admitted that he hadn't seen his brother in two days. The mother blinked. How could this be? She had seen him right? There had been som much on her mind. "Oh no," she sounded. "We should go find him or check the border is there is any scent of him there," she spoke. Now she just wanted to find him. Hopefully he hadn't done something stupid. Kids could be stupid sometimes.

She also knew that Clay had been troubled about something. She didn't understand why he had been so distant to all of his family while she just embraced the whole family life. The mother was clearly worried. "You two should have come to me sooner," she admitted as she started to trot to the border expecting the other two to follow her.