Moonspear even would i know in my lifetime i will be
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
this post has a fair bit of assumptions — if anything is out of line just let me know and I’ll edit it.. I just figured it might be more seamless as one post

dragomir’s question was fair, and posed a good teaching moment for arcturus. he glanced from the boy to a stick nearby, and motioned for him to hold as he dragged it towards the boy. sometimes, defending is all you can do. with everything there is balance — you may find your opponent wants you to attack first, as it opens you up and leaves you vulnerable to counters. there are times you must stay and guard what you are protecting — and there are other times you must leave it. knowing when is appropriate to choose either, is perhaps the most important.

he canted his muzzle towards the stick. pretend this stick is your kill, and i am an interloper trying to take it. arcturus slid away, measuring the boy knowingly. should dragomir position himself over the stick, arcturus would circle, feint several times (or wait to see if dragomir would step away from his kill — such was the bait of closing in and weaving out, made to trick dragomir into leaving the stick vulnerable to be snatched).. and then, when or if the moment was right, arcturus planned to pluck the stick from the ground and lope quickly aside. for now, he circled and weaved — watching with a glint of play in his yellow gaze.

the lesson here was meant to make dragomir think critically; should the boy stay and guard his kill, or should he drive his opponent away in the form of an attack?
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - October 22, 2019, 05:37 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - November 06, 2019, 08:52 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - November 09, 2019, 09:53 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - November 09, 2019, 10:59 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - November 19, 2019, 10:00 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 02, 2019, 11:57 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 03, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 07, 2019, 11:13 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 13, 2019, 12:50 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 21, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 23, 2019, 11:54 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 31, 2019, 10:30 AM