Stone Circle Pango has an oil leak
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Tagging @Tiarnach in case your char would rather not go north re: LCH pack thread? Vague in that case. Just wanted to get this thread going before I get heinously distracted. Also tag for visibility @Terance, I got to the thread first. :P

It wasn't like Easthollow was a long trip. Soon it would be, comparatively, but it was for the good of all, was it not? Honestly, it was a decision based more on the survival of her own family than somehow helping Easthollow -- the quick to act would be fed, and the rest would still be left to chance, though maybe with increased odds.

It would be nice if she came with better news, or had only come seeking a teacher for Pheiros or something equally mundane. Ah well. She stood outside their borders for a moment under the cloudy sky, pondering her words before she finally raised her head to howl. Valette would understand. Or appreciate it. Or something. Hell if she knew, Arbiter was ready to just move on and make things the way she thought they should be.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had been so relieved when she caught the rabbit. She had no patience and instantly teared into the small animal. She needed it. She was starving. She had been giving most of her meals to her pups or to other pack members in need. Her own body had been suffering under it. She had been getting thinner now she had used up all her extra fat. She eagerly ripped pieces from the warm body. She was too hungry to think of sharing. This meal did her well.

After her meal, being filled with some energy she decided to check the borders. She found Arbiter by their borders. She wagged her tail but her face stayed serious. "Hi," she greeted. "It seems the tremors have faded. How are you fairing?," she asked. She felt a bit of guilt since Arbiter would come to their borders but she had not been able to come to them instead.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
The one good thing about the decreased numbers was that it had been easier to feed them all.  Sure, Arbiter might not be at peak burliness but it could have been much worse.  She was pretty much just feeding her own family, which was doable but not the best.  For now she believed that perhaps things were turning for the better -- at least if the choices she was now making were the right ones.

She bowed her head in greeting as Valette appeared, then came straight to the point, as it wasn't like she was particularly into small-talk,We continue on.  But I came here to say that we'll be leaving our creek to move north a ways -- to the grove or the bypass.  I think it would be best -- it'll take pressure off the land here.  Perhaps make it easier on us all.  Arbiter was not going to mention what she'd found.  This was not the time to encourage even allies to get the same idea unless they were volunteering to become her subordinates without the allure of possible food in a time of scarcity.  She would always serve herself, her family, and the ones who already followed first.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette raised her brows. The creek wolves were leaving. That was actually good news. Though she kept the smiles at bay. But with less of them around in their neighboring territories then perhaps soon there would be more prey for Easthollow. Valette would be reluctant to leave really. The female nodded. "You have our thanks for that," she spoke. "Once you've settled in the north you can send a message. Even though, you might not be as close Easthollow will be an ally to you and your family," Valette told her. That was the least she could offer them.

She planned to die in this territory. The stones were so dear to her and even if the pack disbanded or would fall apart Valette might stay here. She had been living on these lands for most her life now and while she did prefer the nomadic life before now she felt at home here at Stone Circle. It was also the place where her children would find her if they returned to her.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Arbiter was fairly sure her wolves were getting the better end of the deal.  Certainly a more immediate return to what was normal in her eyes.  There were less questions, less relying on luck, and all it cost was not being tied down to a piece of land that was a questionable choice anyway.  Seriously.  Why had it been seen as a good idea in the first place was beyond her.

We can when weather allows.  We had a few stragglers disappear in recent weeks -- if they show up looking for us, please point them in the right direction.  We can't to delay to wait or search for them at everyone else's detriment any longer.  Sarah was the main one, but then again, perhaps after their last interaction she was gone on purpose.  This hadn't been a decision made overnight -- if they'd informed Arbiter and Terance of their jaunts in the first place, they would have been told to stay.  She could only do so much.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head when Arbiter spoke. "Of course I will tell them," Valette assured her. Not many came to the borders these days. As a loner she would have fled from this place as well if she wasn't tied to location. So she couldn't blame anyone for not coming to their pack. Valette made sure to note that she would aks if they were looking for the Lost Creek pack and send them on their way. "Up North it will be then, and if a message comes I will give them more specific instructions." She hoped the lands up north were better for them.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Thank you.[/q ]Really, there wasn't too much to say, was there?  It was quick business, and there were things to get back to after this was done.  Okay, there was one more thing, [q]Thinking ahead to when someone from my pack next checks in -- does your pack have a healer that would be willing to teach?  If so I'd send a different wolf instead of our official scout so that he could receive a short lesson as well.  If not, she shrugged, continuing, I'll continue to ask around.  Who was going to be nearby again?  Ugh.  Something for her to task Jomyo in general, even if this did pan out.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette just dipped her head, and when conversation halted she briefly wonder what else to say to the female. But luckily the female did add something for her to respond to. "We have the same problem but I heard that my daughter wants to learn medicine as well. I have some skill regarding little ones and how to help pups. Perhaps if that wolf does come we can teach them some." Valette assured. It was the very basics at least and it was the least she could do for Arbiter and her family. "But I'd say spread your chances and keep asking around for healers." Valette would be doing the same.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
There was a subtle frown.  Well, it was certainly a good thing that they didn't seriously need a healer then, wasn't it?  The frown wasn't a permanent expression, it faded soon enough once she filed the thought away.  Then hopefully a few wolves will show up, enough to teach both our packs' members.  It wasn't what she wanted to tell Pheiros but it wasn't like she was going to lie.

I should be heading back to start the move.  Thank you again.  Good luck here.  She bowed her head.  Arbiter and the Creek wolves would get to make their own luck.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head. "Goodluck," she wished the female. She was curious where they would settle. She wondered how many would truly come for their pack. But if they would then she would send them north to Arbiter.

- fin -