Bearclaw Valley those lions are coming, oh they're coming.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
time interminable seemed to pass. caiaphas slept. the shadow besides her never moved from her vigil.

she was awoken by touch — instinctively she made to recoil, yet her body was not hers to command. not anymore. her movements were shaky, her rheumy eyes unfocused — merrick at last came into view in twos. his figures merged in the manner of disturbed water, rippling together like a merged pool.

a groan pressed from her burning throat; she had so much to say, so much to do — and she knew she would never complete her life’s goals. she was dying — it seemed a reality she was unable to accept. how could she have reached the end of her mortal rope? she was caiaphas, the siren that mocked death — and here death had come, to collect his grim token.

it took most of her remaining strength to concentrate long enough to speak; the fever that ransacked her body stole much of her mind, too — soon, there would be nothing left in that brainbox save visceral soup. don’t— she tried to keep from the boy, a bitter laugh pressing her throat that ended closer to a needling wheeze. i have the loner’s fit.. caiaphas had heard of this disorder, once or twice in her life — and she knew the terrifying transformation in store for her. she knew to be near another was to risk them; somehow, that seemed important. she fixed her exhausted gaze on the boy, ignoring his counterpart for the time being.

i will die. her voice seemed implacably tired, and the dullness in her gaze communicated she had accepted this hostile truth. you— don’t let me close, when i go. and.. she sucked in a wheedling breath, as if the last of her strength hinged on what she would say next — and maybe it did.. caiaphas had always been driven by vengeance, even now, on the cusp of death. kill — her eyes danced, her head suddenly rocked to the stone as the muscles in her neck gave out. —them.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Caiaphas - December 21, 2019, 02:08 PM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Astara - December 21, 2019, 03:54 PM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Caiaphas - December 22, 2019, 04:08 PM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Merrick - December 23, 2019, 06:54 PM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Caiaphas - December 24, 2019, 08:53 AM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Merrick - December 24, 2019, 09:33 AM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Caiaphas - December 24, 2019, 10:31 AM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Merrick - December 24, 2019, 11:21 AM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Caiaphas - December 24, 2019, 02:18 PM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Merrick - December 24, 2019, 03:36 PM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Caiaphas - December 24, 2019, 07:47 PM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Merrick - December 26, 2019, 03:35 PM
RE: those lions are coming, oh they're coming. - by Astara - December 31, 2019, 02:40 PM