Ankyra Sound and it's as if my eyes have been replaced with gasoline.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
all good - PP away! this is the last post from phas in this thread, so you have total control!

there it was, that routing blackness. running along her body like the shadow of a sinister storm. caiaphas shivered involuntarily as she felt its icy touch. it ran along her legs and sung between her tendons -- rushing headlong in hungry whispers into her veins.

and she knew, implicitly, that when it reached her heart all would be over.

she wheeled -- or tried to -- but already her vision had clouded. gone were the portent reds and harrowing whites of the world -- now, only a blackness pooled in her sight -- the shadow of ephraim, given no discerning shape save for the shade of true horror.

she was screaming crying wailing dying as he held onto her - thrashing bucking pulling fading as he delivered his final kindness. all of it to no avail - what was left of caiaphas was brittle and depleted. not even the full force of the malevolent virus that occupied her faculties could have fought back that day and won -- for her body as host had served its purpose, and there was no use in surviving a moment longer.

gurgling darkly, caiaphas' silvery eyes with their bloodshot rims widened, searching that impenetrable black as it closed around her, and slipped into her frantically beating heart.  for the briefest moment before her eyes were closed forever, yellow gilded that unnerving stare - as if her sight and senses were mercifully restored. she looked up to her captor and saw not the vile shifting of the inevitable void, but a face young, familiar, and full of terror --

ephraim..?

and then, immediately, came the streaking departure of her soul. as if ushered by an unseen force the moment she became cognizant, caiaphas' heavy eyelids flickered closed. her body bucked against the boy's touch, and a furious frothing rimed the siren's lips in ghastly grin of dogged horror. her gums were pale, her teeth visibly clenched. her claws curled to their fullest, and legs thrashing as if fleeing an unseen incubus. the tremors that wracked her frame rolled in and out of presence, gradually quieter with each passing until at last a muted peace settled over that contorted body, which had no more left to give.

caiaphas, siren queen of none, stilled besides the phosphorescent pool. motes of haunting blue rippled along her sodden body, the last fleeting impression of movement caiaphas would ever show.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and it's as if my eyes have been replaced with gasoline. - by Caiaphas - January 05, 2020, 12:37 PM