Totoka River but i woke up and there they were beside me
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
x@Nefris (cameo?); maybe @Aiolos & @Ying? Dated for March 4th.

Reluctant to leave the comforts of what they’ve just found together, she nonetheless knows nesting without others will do them more harm than good. Already others had found them, swarming towards the beauty of the Bay, no doubt, with its endless resources ripe for the taking. Valyri desires knowing the natives of these lands, and making peace with those who currently rule it.
With Nefris in toe, she strides north, following the coast and being certain to take the long path around Sea Lion Shores to soften the frayed edges of one youngster. He bore the scent of a pack, and it intrigues the High Priestess, so much she lurks closer to where she thinks the harbor may be.
It is mid-afternoon by the time she and her Champion reach the southern reaches of a sprawling river, wide and powerful. She lowers her nose, sniffing and confirming her suspicions; it is brackish, too.
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
The guardian planned to return to the plateau and visit Aiolos for a check-in. It was still too early in the day — she didn't want herself to be followed — but feeling the need to move, she wandered toward the river. 

Ying noticed the unfamiliar scents and proceeded with caution. Her hackles were lifted, but she made no other show of dominance. Once the women came into view, she barked and waited for them to introduce themselves.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
He had scented them, the strangers whom marked the coast of Stavenger Bay. It was a place he quite well enjoyed and more often then not, would meet Ruo here and spend time together. It would be a burden to have to move inland around the area in order to get past, though if a claim was being formed there was little Aiolos found he was able to do on the manner. That is, lest they were ill beings in need of being disposed of or chased out from the Sea which he pledged to protect. 

So he followed the scent, keen to both figuring out whom these two wolves were as well as finding Ying in order to inform her of this new possible claim. When he arrived, fiery eyes danced over both the strangers and Ying - what a surprise and what luck for Aiolos. Just what he was looking for. He dips his crown respectfully before the two women and as Ying, speaks not and allows them to take the floor firstly in hoped their true intentions may be figured.
moonglow daddy
I AM THE STORM.
34 Posts
Ooc — x
cameo!
She trails slightly behind Valyri, silent and ever-watchful. While her queen inspects the waters, Nefris keeps an ear out for trouble, noting the arrival of the strangers quickly. Her own hackles ripple in response to the pale woman, but she stays silent, standing tall and proud as she watches the duo and waits for her queen's cue. It is for Valyri to decide how they'll respond to these strangers, not her, but already her paws itch to chase them away.
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
Her flank defended, the High Priestess lifts from her inspection at the approach of unknown persons—both who hold a familiar scent, though muddled compared to the boy they’d met prior. The woman is more wary than the man.
Muzzle set downcast, Valyri greets him as he did; a respectful nod of her head. Heavy-lidded eyes shifting from one to the other, and holding grounds of neutrality—she would not move, but she would not pose a direct threat.  
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Who are you? she asked. Although she hadn't intended to be the first to speak, Ying knew that their conversation would not begin otherwise. She looked between both women, eyes dancing for a moment on the guardian flanking the first. You are close to claimed land. I am Ying.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
She says not far, the guardian who watched with an intense spring green gaze. Like he, she guarded silently. His fire eyes to her earth regarded her, knowing she was here to protect her charge the same as Aiolos. But though he kept his side-sights his attention majorly was placed on the wispy haired woman before him. She dips her muzzle in the same gesture and then, Ying takes the floor. 

Aiolos muzzle juts out to his side, noting the very obvious island looming off the shoreline. He confirms Ying's speaking of their territory with the silent gesture. I'm Aiolos. I live on the plateau, just beyond the dead wood forest. He speaks, offering information in perhaps she may do the same. I visit Stavenger Bay often...are you taking claim there? Their marking along the outskirts of the area as though forming a border was obvious. This far it was only their two scents. It was still one more then he had up on the plateau...
moonglow daddy
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
She follows the beckon of the muzzle pointed towards the island off the coast in the far distance. Captivating, intriguing in ways Valyri cannot fathom nor bring to words. Yet it reminds her much of Minrathous and a life she’s left behind. Content she is to reside on the coast yet settled in-land, instead of a looming island and the haunt of a watery grave if one desired to stretch their legs.
Well met; I am Valyri, and my guard, Nefirs, she introduces, shifting her head in the direction of her companion, whereupon a smile forms. It is as you say, we reside now in the Bay. Our numbers are not large enough for a claim, however we’ve intentions of making it our home. Upon our scouting of nearby land, we ran into one of yours—a fiery boy—and became aware of your realm.  Hence our travel here, yet worry not, we’ve no ill intentions—simply to make ourselves known.  
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
didn't realize it was my turn! :o

We are Yuèlóng, she explained, My sister is Huā, and she leads the pack. I lead the coast's safety, Jūnshì. Another claim being settled made the guardian uncomfortable, but she would tolerate them, so long as they intended to keep the peace.

Ying cleared her throat and continued, explaining: We have other places. This river and the barking seals, these are our hunting land — hence the cold introduction — You take other places, tell me. On this coast, all things are with my protection. Her soldiers would be sent to guard their claim, in addition to keeping an eye out for any signs of misbehavior.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
After an introduction of both herself and her guard, the woman admits that her intentions are to make the Bay to the east of the plateau their new home though they had yet the proper members in order to be able to withhold such a claim. They, like Aiolos, could be easily ran out from where they stayed although Aiolos had no reason to do so. Aiolos would have been more off put by the idea had he still been planning on making a pack on the plateau but alas, the idea of Sirensong had long since fallen apart along with everyone in it savor himself. It was only he and in such had proposed the high land being a placement for the Junshi instead. Having a higher advantage it made sense to him. Who knew, maybe one day the plateau would make for a proper territory; a fitting land with forest, plains and seaside bays all around for hunting and scouting. But not now. 

Aiolos silently nods in understanding and Ying takes the floor once more, stating the name of the pack on the island and its leader as well as the mentioning of Junshi. Peace and keeping the peace was Junshi's intention but Aiolos was beginning to wonder how long exactly that may last. Now, as spring was returning along with all its prey it didnt seem like it would be so much a problem. But after? When not hunting seafood on their island, Yuelong hunted here and for the sea lion which was a land literally bordering the Stavenger Bay. Unless Yuelong only agreed to hunt eaar while the Bay wolves hunted west, things could become... difficult. And should they move inland to the fields? Welp, there was a pack in the forest which hunted on the lands to likely try and avoid another pack further inland. It was a big place, the Teekon Wilds, but still with just as many wolves for competition. 

The fiery colored wold still doesnt not speak, wondering if in the long run these new wolves would feel it was worth the risk staying here or not.
moonglow daddy
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
Not a problem

Flowery proposals of diplomacy are brushed out the window—it is direct, and the orders are given. Valyri finds them fair, if only because they are within the woman’s realm, they are outsiders and arguing against them would do harm for their cause. Nefris prickles at her side, subtle enough that the others are unlikely to notice, yet she calms her guard with a gentle sweep of her tail.
My apologies. Had she known their claim runs to this river as well, she would have preferred the trek on the edge, yet it's done the job and now they are aware. We shall keep you aware. Is there a meeting spot for your… Jūnshì, or is it best to return here for an audience?  
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
Sometimes, the plateau — their official headquarters, currently unoccupied — but here, too. Being somewhat unsure of diplomatic courtesies, she wondered what she should say next. Ying thought about it for a moment and finally settled on a small smile, tilting her head with an offering.

Looking to Valyri, she said: I lead hunts for Yuèlóng. Until you have wolves, you can join the call. There hadn't been a large hunt yet, but Ying imagined the time would come soon. They would need to add something other than birds and fish to their caches.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
The guard stands sentinel, his fiery colored eyes moving over the strangely made woman. Both she and her protection had a look about them that Aiolos thought certain they were not at all fully wolf; her small, narrowed jaws, long man of fur and wispy willow tree tails. The island women were exotic with their accents and dark heads and often limbs too, but they were still wolves. The woman before him had his brow raising curiously but not exactly with desire. 

Ying mentioned the plateau then, which as Aiolos stated earlier was where he often remained. They would be seeing each other quite often granted his routes, he imagined. Ying even went so far as to offer them to join on hunts, which he thought quite curious. Perhaps Yuelong's and Junshi's hunting and mercenary trades would counter well with whatever goods these two had in store. Only time would tell.
moonglow daddy
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
Both territories are within equal distance—the Bay surrounded by the outposts the Jūnshì set up, perhaps it is a risky move to continue thus so, but it also protects and aids as much as it hinders. If any pose a threat against the Keep, Yuèlóng could expect they would do the same for theirs.
Interesting enough, the tone shifts—a soft edge rounds Ying’s features, the smile is returned with a warm one from Valyri.
Lovely, she pauses, We would be honored. Though there is a ritual we believe in, to give back for the life that is lost, balance must be restored—a seed planted, so life may begin again. If you are accepting of our ways, then, we will join you.  
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
There weren't any discernible risks in accepting Valyri's condition. The ritual was unfamiliar, but what harm could come from it? Ying thought for a moment and nodded her head, confirming their budding alliance. You need help making borders? she asked. Her eyes landed on the guardian, assuming that she would have more information on the subject. We can do that.

Ying turned to Aiolos and backed to his side, brushing his shoulder in silent gratitude. See you soon, she said to the women. Assuming Aiolos would follow, the huntress began walking back toward their island.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
The odd looking canine with the flowing furs spoke of their customs and thar with each hunt they planted a seed to give back to the earth. He, like Ying, didnt see the harm in that. To each their own. Ying added an offering to them on helping to mark borders then. Between allowing them to join their hunts and helping to mark their borders, it seemed like if anything the pair would be able to take the Bay as their home easily... but what was in it for them? Sharing their skills, helping to guard their borders, surely a debt would need to be repaid and Aiolos was sure that Ying would not do all this for two strangers without repayment, especially in knowing their prescene meant loosing a quite plentiful hunting ground. 

Passing both of the women a final glance, he dipped his muzzle with silent farewell and turned along with Ying brushing at his shoulder. Back to the island then.
moonglow daddy
out of the ashes i rise
44 Posts
Ooc — mista
The High Priestess finds agreement, and grows suspicious—their meeting is going almost too well. And though she is reluctant to turn down a helping hand, it is odd.
Thank you for your offer, I believe we are fine for now. There is only one entrance we must mark at the Bay. Not much a border, least you count the large arms that wrap it.
Safe travels. She dips her head respectfully to the duo, watching them leave, until she too, turns with Nefris to continue their venturing.
xAmaranthine Keep
March 29, 2020