Wapun Meadow of the people who were there before
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
muscles find it in them to wholly relax at the unabashed rapture to paint light upon the blackbird's features as he floats forth. her own steps mirroring his and yet remaining one pace behind, content to let him have this moment of solitude with only the sprightly flowers to revere. she herself lets fulgent looks glide appreciatively over the little patch of eden she'd been blessed enough to grow up beside, inhaling the damp air where such wondrous scents thrived. 

ears flick to attention at the exhaled query; brows furrowing a little with thought. vague recollections tickled at her, the relentless babble of the questions she herself would pose to mama and maman when wandering the verdant stretch of land. yet before pondering could gift her a solid word, the child had already pinpointed a specific request and she stepped over; head tilting curiously. that one was familiar! she had surely requested its title herself, no? c'mon....oh! "cloche rose!she announces, chest puffed with pride- yes! that was certainly it. as chuffed as she was for reclaiming such a memory, it took a moment before she even realised the tongue past visions had lured her into. eyes widen a little, chest hiccuping. it had been so long since he's accidentally slipped into french, and it was endlessly bittersweet to remember the days in which such a mistake was a common occurrence. "my bad that was eh, french. alsek i must teach you french! did you know that wolves from different faraway places sometimes grow up speaking different languages? my mama's spoke different words called french, it's very pretty. but cloche rose..that means, rose bell. i really don't know if that's its proper name or anything or were they just saying what it looks like but then again who gets to decide what an official name for something like that is? rose bell sounds great to me

how had she never thought to teach alsek french before? well she supposed after losing her family she'd grown estranged from the language, what it represented too painful to face and then...as time went on she'd had no one to speak it to so it had slowly faded to the background of her busy mind. she'd definitely have to teach him, keep the language alive in their family and- 

she starts at the convivial greeting to stir the air, blinking over to spot a man lingering a little distance away. polaris does not recognise him as a packmate, no, but it only takes confirmation that he does not bear the stench of ursus for her to relax somewhat and cock her head in a curious little bird like motion. "uh good but, i'm sorry i don't believe we've met, right?oh gosh it would be so embarrassing if she was wrong but if there was one thing polaris could call herself good at, it was remembering faces and she was quite sure this was not one she'd ever interacted with before.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
of the people who were there before - by RIP Polaris - July 19, 2020, 11:04 AM
RE: of the people who were there before - by Rosewood - July 21, 2020, 02:27 PM
RE: of the people who were there before - by Kincaid - July 23, 2020, 04:22 PM
RE: of the people who were there before - by RIP Polaris - July 29, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: of the people who were there before - by Rosewood - July 30, 2020, 01:23 AM
RE: of the people who were there before - by Kincaid - July 30, 2020, 01:37 AM
RE: of the people who were there before - by RIP Polaris - August 01, 2020, 06:21 AM
RE: of the people who were there before - by Rosewood - August 03, 2020, 08:06 PM
RE: of the people who were there before - by Kincaid - August 03, 2020, 08:41 PM