Stone Circle and it's alright, everybody's on their own
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
Private 
set right after this

really she feels her mind should be much more focused on the fact that a wolf from another pack had had the audacity to simply stroll across their borders with the bloody intentions of stealing a pup! and not only that, for not a shadow of fear had crossed the ivory witch's scintillating look of pure insatiable hunger when it latched upon both her and west upon their arrival. and yet, the way in which that ruffled her did not rule as domineering a hand within her mindset as did this odd prickling feeling to envelop her as she made her way towards the earth touched boy. in reality, polaris had fallen victim to being shy, and this was something the dove had never had to play around with before and certainly was not a fan of. for the opinionated girl had always been gifted with the ability to do whatever she wished without fears as to what others would think of her as a result, if they'd disagreed with her she'd simply feel put out by them rather than believing herself to be incorrect. in fact, dove did not really suit her as an adjective at all, parrot would've fit the brazenly ostentatious, raucous being she could be much better.

it is all a little odd though and she curses herself for letting it reach such a state as paws slap the earth with what feels like the clumsiest progression forth as she nears. since when was walking such a difficult feat to pull off? and as she reached him, a short " @West Tyree !sprung with way too much vigour from her jaws as she drew to a hasty still. well shit, what now? ears would lean back a little, feathery tail flicking curtly at her heels as a frown pressed tight to her features. not only had she left him, and the entire pack at that, without so much as a word before disappearing for weeks..since she'd returned...well she hadn't sought him out. she frankly just hadn't known what she'd say to him, quite like what was happening at this very moment and, there'd been a stinking sliver of cowardice there too. fear that he'd regard her with contempt for her antics, and more than that, that in the dejected state she'd fallen victim to over the last while she'd let him. how could she live with herself knowing that he'd see her like that? and that she'd have to know she would've let her only friend walk away without so much as trying to stop him, and therefore becoming the exact worthless wretch he would've deemed her as. 

but it's not like she could've just wandered off after seeing him for the first time in over a month without so much as a hello, she didn't want to either! dammit she missed him! even if she despised the way that made her heart hit so hard against her chest that she was quite certain it would only take an unannounced leaf bumping off her paw to land her a few metres into the sky like a startled rabbit. swallowing against the scratchiness of her throat, she'd release quite the unintentionally somber "hey"
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
The anger had yet to leave his bones as the woodland boy trudged through the wooded area. The fact that her scent matched that of the grey man was too much for him to simply ignore and wave off this incident as solved. They had come once before, and now marked a second time, it would only be a matter of time until that pack struck again.

West had yet to tell anyone of the man who threatened to trespass and take what he pleased, but it wasn't exactly his top concern at the moment. Somehow he had defended the borders alone despite his lack of fighting experience, and the other who traveled with him simply watched as his friend's ass was torn to shreds. His own wounds had scabbed over relieving him most days from the dull ache that spread through his shoulder and side, but at the very least he was still able to move while the other would hopefully be stuck recovering.

None of this made sense, since when did Easthollow have an enemy? At least that's what it felt like with how often the same pack poked at them. They had always been friendly, why would this group have beef with them? The woodland boy found himself on the fence of what would be better, seeking out this mysterious pack or staying to defend in case more come.

Fortunately for him, a conclusion would be postponed for a later date as the sound of his name broke his thoughts. Almost immediately the boy stopped in his tracks, for it wasn't one of his parents that called but the sweet voice of a familiar dove. He could feel his heart momentarily stop as green eyes locked onto the girl with visible surprise. It was true that disappointment sunk in at the realization that Polaris had left, and for a while, West went as far as to believe it was a permanent departure without so much as a goodbye.

West felt his jaw fall agape as he searched for any words, though it seemed she beat him in poking the settling silence. H—Hey? He wasn't nose blind, the boy had picked up her scent again recently, though given her disappearance and radio silence upon return West figured he'd take the hint and keep to himself. Uh...do you need something? He wasn't sure what exactly she would need from him, but given that she actually followed him there must be something.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
'Uh...do you need something?'

she stiffens, hurt flashing across eyes widened by incredulousness before a shaded veil drops over them as they narrow dangerously. the worst thing about awkward embarrassment was that it had found a fierce defender in anger and so polaris felt her jaws gritting against the heated energy to gutter throughout. it is deliriously odd for she can recognise the irrationality of such a vexed reaction, plainly see that such a question is not intended to spark annoyance and yet....she finds herself unable to ward off the roiling magma within as she scowls, heart beating with painful intensity whilst she snaps "oh sorry, i hadn't realised we could only talk if i needed something

did he just...not care? had she fantasized the friendship forged during their trip? strengthened reverie over reality during her time away? daggered look shifts to glare off to the side, stunned by how vehemently she seethed and god she looked like a right idiot now didn't she? to leak such bitter misery whilst he regarded her with such unflinching chill? as if she were a random newcomer seeking his attention..nah he'd been nicer than that when she'd been new- oh god, was she acting like clay

and yet it's not enough to hand her back whatever cool had been snatched from the control panel as she muttered a gruff "whateverand went to back up a few steps, silently, pathetically, hoping he'd even so much as want to stop her. she didn't want to go, but childish pride demanded it of her and like the teenager she sometimes forgot she was, polaris found it too difficult to overlook.
"common" | "french"
The dove went through a flash of emotions ending with a look of fire as her jaw tensed. The switch was so sudden that West actually flinched at her words as a pang of guilt set in. Perhaps his wording had been...really bad, but he by no means meant that she had to have a reason to talk to him. No no— I meant— Her gruff response cut through his own as the girl began to leave.

For a moment he was dumbfounded. Was he that bad? A worry for later— he'd shake his head clear before his thoughts wandered off and quickly pursued after his departing friend Polaris wait—! I just thought you didn't really want to see me so...you know, I figured there was a reason you followed me. The woodland boy was careful to keep his distance in case she decided to snap, but he wasn't about to let her walk away so easily.

After all, he'd like to consider her a friend, though now he wasn't sure what her opinion of him might be. Should he have sought her out before now? Gods, he wanted to bash his head against a tree. Maybe he had been too focused on everything else that he had missed something important with Polaris.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
'polaris wait-!'

it catches ahold of her with dizzying intensity, drawing the girl to an abrupt halt as if his tongue had unleashed a physical hook to cease her progression. ears fluttered close to her skull as she turned to face him, overwhelmed by the muddled mess of relief, guilt, regret and embarrassment flushing her system at the cascading flow of words tumbling from his jaws. god she's an idiot, she's an idiot, she's a right idiot! in that moment she would have been satisfied only if going back in time and avoiding that ridiculous outburst or the ground splitting open and swallowing her whole were possible. and since neither seemed likely to happen, she was forced to endure standing there as her heart hammered with uncomfortable vehemence against her chest. fuck. shoulders are the first to sag, tail dejected and trailing behind her as she ventured a few awkward steps closer; words stumbling from parting lips "shit, i-she was so selfish! this symphony of poor me, i'm so hurt, i'm so angry!! what was that? she was the one that had turned and fled without a word to him, she who'd ignored him and yet her mind had thought it had the right of way in terms of being angry here? idiot!

"i'm so sorry west tyree! i shouldn't have gotten so angry- i don't know why i even did i guess i was just worried you'd be annoyed at me and then when you seemed like you didn't care...i know it's so dumb i'm sorry..she lapses into awkward silence then, much to the likely relief of any nearby critters having to endure such pitiful lamenting. eyes fell to pale paws as they shuffled idly in the dirt, what now? where on earth did she start there was so much that had to be said and...a blink coaxes lustrous eyes back to the verdant twinkle of her company, completely forgetting everything else once they snagged on the healing wounds sneering from their perch upon his figure. nimble figure steals forth to look upon the knitting skin, tenebrous veil tugging across the stare that darted back up to his face. it wasn't new enough to have been inflicted today so...."who hurt you?"

she stood close, so close that the quick breaths huffing from a pallid throat ruffled the curled hairs upon his chest lest he'd backed up but in that moment the dove seemed completely unaware. childish frustrations and misgivings dropped in a heartbeat as something colder pressed her chest, propelled by a budding fear of the delicacy of life and those you cared about.
"common" | "french"
A wild whirlwind as always as Polaris went through a spew of emotions only she could likely decipher. It left him confused, but that was becoming a normal he supposed. He liked to think of himself as smart, but everyone else would probably say otherwise. If only Newt was here...

A rapid apology was spewed as West tried to make the most sense of her feelings. Did she really think he didn't care about her? That he would be mad? Ok maybe he was a little upset, but he wasn't mad. He was pissed about a lot of things, but Polaris wasn't one of them. It's fine it's fine— you don't need to make excuses just...I'm not mad. I just didn't want to bother you, you've seemed busy and stuff. I mean, once or twice now he's seen her with a kid which...he wasn't sure why exactly. She didn't have kids, he was pretty sure he would know if she did.

Before he had the chance to ask about that though, Polaris had already taken several steps forward to close the distance between them, her breath now on his body causing him to flinch back flustered and in surprise. What? His eyes followed to the scabbed over wounds that stretched across his body, Oh, these? It's not a big deal I think they're ok. I mean... he wasn't a healer, but they looked like they were healing so alls well right? He didn't really want to bother Arlette with everything she had gone through.

Our "neighbors" aren't very friendly. That woman who was here earlier is one of them. Some big guy thought he could walk wherever he wanted and when he refused to avoid our borders I had to chase him off.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
if there really were 'gods' up there and if they had the ability to spare even a scrap of mercy for their pitiful subjects trapped down here, they'd send a lightning bolt or something of the likes to strike her down right now rather than have to endure this horrifying awkward embarrassment for a second longer. alas, nothing happened and so polaris could declare with the utmost certainty that they in fact were alone upon this earth and that was that. 

teeth assaulted her lip as she glared hard at the ground in the seconds to wriggle languidly between her remorseful spewing and west's response. in reality it was a miniscule space of time and yet in that moment, as she stood there with her heart hammering up in splayed ears and her face stupidly hot and flustered, it felt like a goddamn eternity. a hoarse laugh is forced from a still too tight chest once he says his piece and it's suddenly her turn to pierce the press of quiet and all the possible thoughts that could go on in its presence. of course, as usual, everything he says is so rational and considerate in the face of her dump truck of hasty emotions all squirming and shoving to get a place upon her tongue and assault the ears of those unlucky enough to be in her company. "well.." another shaky laugh riding on that exhale, why is she laughing?? literally nothing funny has happened you dumbass. "pretty glad you don't hate me that would....definitely suck a lot." blinking up to him, so uncharacteristically tentative, she lets lips quirk into a bashful smile "really though, i don't have a right to snap like that when you didn't do anything, i have been busy you're right and gosh...there's so much to tell you i don't even know where to start"

but of course, all that can wait as she glares at the sneering mark upon his figure, antsy in its presence and only able to spare a blink of surprise at his flinch; much too absorbed in her own stirring disdain at who might've done this to put anything together. but before she can so much as grant it a fraction of a thought, he focuses on her gaze's target and she is wholly engrossed only in what he has to say on the matter. a pursed frown when he tries to brush it off as nothing, very ready to argue on that but content to stay quiet only because he pushed on to provide her with answers nevertheless. 

"who the hell are they" she'd mutter, struggling to keep the growl out of her voice as a muscle twitched in her jaw. these random wolves had set up home right beside easthollow and believed they had any right to mess with them? hell they had no right to mess with anyone, especially not the wolves that had resided here for literal generations. and easthollow had gone through so much already! fuck what was wrong with wolves like that, what the hell did they benefit from any of this?? was it like the nightwalkers all over again, except this time on their very doorstep? somehow she both felt chilled to the bone and as if something had struck a match within her at the same time. "dammit..do you think they plan on doing something to easthollow? that woman west she...there was something off with her, did you feel it? even after we caught her she didn't seem scared..in fact when she seen the two of us she seemed excited even though she was outnumbered. wolves like that, they're the most dangerous of all..they thrive on destruction." a huffed sigh as she smacked the dirt with a paw "that makes me so mad that i don't even know how to react angrily about it, does that even make sense?"

yet another sigh, apparently all she was capable of at the moment before eyes softened a fraction and she sought the press of his eyes once more to quietly murmur "i'm just really glad you're okay...i uh, i don't know what i'd do if.....look just don't go getting yourself killed ever, okay?" oh lords, what was that? and this sudden bite back to dumb reality made her suddenly conscience of just how close they were, resulting in a hasty step backwards before leaning speedily back on her haunches in an attempted air of nonchalance. 

smooth.
"common" | "french"
Like the flurry of emotions she was, the dove seemed to switch in an instant as an airy laugh escaped her. It was shaken, likely from embarrassment but all the same just as pretty. West couldn't hold back his own small chuckle as his eyes dipped to his own paws, I don't think I could ever hate you. So much had changed since the girl came into his life and despite the fast ups and downs, they were exciting all the same. He couldn't quite explain it, but life without her...

Luckily, he wouldn't have to linger on the thought. Who the hell were they? He could scoff at that question, assholes and terrorists. It was as simple as that. Yeah, I saw it too. She was crazy. A whole pile of crazy that he would come to learn later. The whole bunch pissed him off, he couldn't say if they wanted something with Easthollow, but why couldn't they just stick to their territory? There was room between them and Easthollow had literally done nothing. Sounds like you need to cool off.He raised a brow at her question. He had been heated more than once before, but there's not much you can do hopped up on emotions except let them out or find a way to shove 'em down.

Though Polaris always seemed better at blowing off steam than him, even if she was quicker to anger. She had continued, explaining how grateful she was that he wasn't seriously harmed though...was there something else there? He tilted his head curiously as she quickly wrapped it up with a "don't go dyin on me" before backing up causing him to chuckle once more, Now hold on a second, what was that? He held a coy grin as he leaned forward to invade the space she had placed between them once more. Polaris Tonrar, you aren't hiding something are you?