Wheeling Gull Isle the curse
108 Posts
Ooc — nami
All Welcome 
huojin walked behind his mother, gently running his nose along her spine. 妈 - 妈, he whispered, 海.. golden hour would soon end, leaving a narrow window of blue before darkness became their island. he wanted to see the ocean before that happened, but it wouldn’t be the same if she didn’t see it with him.

ruó assured him that it would only take a moment — wait, son. — which he would respect.. for now. daylight continued to fade, as did his patience.

having given up on his mother, huojin walked outside to look for his father. πα - πά, he called, 海. one of them would come to sit with him, he was sure! and so the lionet plopped onto his behind and waited for company to appear.
[ hover for translations ]
great bear wilderness · closed for threads (0/5)
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Anyone else, please feel free to join them!

Yes, son - 海. The burnished russet, cream and gingered hued man spoke. His voice a grovel, deeper then its usual tone by still sore vocals. He would wake stiff, sore, but far less so then before. His long legs bending back as he stretched and Aiolos came to approach and settle at his son's side. πανεμορφη , isnt she? He spoke the greek tongue delicately. It was not often Aiolos spoke it, yet had come to share a few words here and there with his child. After all, learning not one, but three languages would prove quite difficult. Aiolos still didnt know Ruo and Hua's tongue though had a means of learning it along his pup.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
*crashes*

Huā had come to accept the fiery little nephew of hers. She was satisfied with Aiolos, still pissed off at Ruò, but adored little Huojin in the times that she did see him... which was still scarcer than she wished it to be, considering her own business as a leader and mother.

As she came upon them, father and son, she heard the gentle murmurings between them, and was joyous to see that Huojin now talked as her own did. Perhaps it was not her place, but she settled on the unoccupied side of Aiolos, intrigued by his odd tongue. He speak three language? She wondered with mild surprise, canting her black muzzle gently towards little Huojin with a kind gaze.
108 Posts
Ooc — nami
huojin walked to aiolos, greeting him with an excited bounce. he huddled between his father’s forelimbs to hide within plumes of ginger fur, should anyone come to interrupt their bonding. 

immediately, he became immersed in the water show; remnants of daylight crested incoming waves, creating splotches of reflective white on the ocean’s surface. huojin wondered if he could-

the empress’s words were met with a surprised gasp, huojin turning away to further conceal himself. she was largely unfamiliar, only present in distant memories, which made him.. apprehensive, hesitant to interact.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
He was content to settle here on the beach with his pup, the pair overlooking the waters as the sun fell down from the sky only for the Moon herself to dominant the world from above. There was an interruption, but not an unpleasant one. Though his son shuttered, Aiolos tail beat the sands happily. As she came to settle at his side, Aiolos would lower his muzzle to nudge around his son's head and ear, stealing a reassuring lick before answering his Empress.

He is getting there. He spoke little, like his mother yet when he did it was a jumble of mixed tongues. I am trying to learn your language with him. It is quite difficult, however. What is it called? 

That other language, it is Greek. There was not much a need to the language, really though Aiolos had a means of teaching the youth enough to get by if the opportunity ever allowed. It was far more important, Aiolos felt, for the both of them to learn the language of his actually known family side.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huojin's sudden gasp made her chuckle warmly, knowing in time he might grow out of the shyness, but had become familiar with it after Luli. He turned away... but she would not force him to turn back. Some things ought to be encouraged; others were things children must learn on their own. She could not teach him confidence, could only hope that in due time he might develop it himself. Otherwise he would walk through life never to open a door or seek adventure. It was easy to be paralyzed by a lack of confidence. 

At Aiolos' word that he was working to learn her language too, the huángdì beamed, delighted. It is call Mandarin. I am happy to see Huojin learn it, and wish that many of the other children might learn it as well... She shared, though was unsure if such a thing could or would be accomplished. Nevertheless, if her own children and Aiolos' son spoke it, maybe the others would pick up bits in time. Greek... good, children must be taught of their parent culture. Where you learn this language? She wondered, for had never truly heard all of his backstory, nor anything of his culture.
108 Posts
Ooc — nami
might jump in for a cameo later, but feel free to skip him for now!

huojin slowly crept from his hiding place, amazed by the exchange of words. seldom did his parents do such things, and it was similarly rare with his own visitors. he wondered what the words meant, if they meant anything, and if he might be able to make those sounds, too!

quietly, so as to not be heard, huojin repeated whatever snippets he might have been able to hold onto. baby babble, it might have sounded like, but he was quite pleased with himself.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
It was true that Aiolos little sun and sand kissed pup did not get out much. The majority of his day he was alone with his mother, whom spoke little and was out majorly at nightfall to see the stars out over the ocean. Often with Aiolos, when he was among Ruo he did not speak up as often himself. Now that Huojin was in their lives, Aiolos had every intention to have his son interact with the other packmates if he so choose and learn words even if he did not often use them. 

It would seem now, though it was mostly a jumbled up babble, he was willing to learn and so tried. He was a smart and quiet boy. 

'Their parent culture'  Aiolos couldnt help the bit of smirk as he looked down to Jin. Aiolos didnt think his family had held much of 'culture' in them though the women which had taken him in there after had plenty to go around. It was an upbringing Aiolos would have never wanted for his son, however. It was one thing to think yourself lesser then women... but his child? He was lesser to no one. Then again, had Ruo bore a son in Nereides territory, he'd be dead. 

My birth pack knew it, though did not often speak it. It was only whispered in secret... He began up. I didnt learn to speak it or understand myself until the Nereides sirens came and claimed me.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huojin's babbling went unnoticed by Huā for now, but had she flicked an ear to the boy, she would've been charmed. Instead she was focused on Aiolos, and his tales of his birth pack, and... the nereides? The wolves like Tyche, who had told Huā of a strange alternate lifestyle, where women were above men. It seemed so backwards to her- who had grown up in the sort of society that pushed women into domestic roles, birthing and raising good children, especially sons- and sons who would go on to be the warriors, the hunters, the future noblemen with wives galore and the eventual emperors. In all this time, how strange it was that Huā had not known Aiolos' origin. Now hearing he was one of these men put to work for girls... talk of his language was no longer intriguing, for this was much more of a story. Visible shock on her face. You- you with the Nereides, before? Tyche tell me about these people, ah- do you mind me ask? What it was like? She inquired, and ebony ears shoved themselves forward curiously.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Some time ago, months and months prior, Hua had asked this before, of his past. His discomfort had been obvious and she had thought best of it, deciding to learn of his past when they knew one another better. He would hope the knowledge would lead her to understand him more and not use it as a weapon against him, as many did. As even @Ying had once before... 

It was strict, hard, but I adapted to it well. I was never a stranger to fighting for my rights to survive before them and so fighting amongst the men was just another day for me. Viewing a woman as much more  inclined for power and leadership was something I felt was right all along. He paused, for after having watched the way his grandfather ruled whilst a pup, he knew the difference a woman could make at the helm. 

There were customs in which I could never agree with, however, and my smart mouth and defiance to it got the better of me from time to time. But I'd been treated far worse before. My blood family was not kind and they saved me from that life. He said with a sheepish smile and a shrug.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
sorry for the wait, I've been pretty overwhelmed :( can we wrap soonish?<3

As he told her of the conditions, she listened with keen interest, ears tilted forward. Huojin's presence was momentarily forgotten. All she could see was the life that Aiolos was put through- and this stoked some internal question too. Of whether he followed her because she was a friend, a good leader- or if all it took was a woman in charge. His attachment to Yuèlóng was more than that... right? She shooed the unnerving thoughts away. 

And at the end of it all... the women who had made him a simple bodyguard of sorts had still treated him better than his blood family. It was a good story, she thought, despite the struggle he had been put through- and now his story continued here. Eyes flickered back to Aiolos' son now. 

That is... wow. I am sorry you go through so much, Aiolos... I am glad Huojin will not know the same. She murmured thoughtfully, ears flattening to her skull as she felt awkward. She knew had sad stories to tell too... but did he wish to hear them? Or would they be saved for another day, perhaps...
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Sounds like a plan to me.

I am glad for it to. He spoke as his head lowered, looking down to his son to sat and watched silently, curious. After a heavy breath, his head lifted once more as he looked over the sandy and black patterned little woman. Had he been born with the Nereides, as a boy, he would have been sacrificed to Sea. He admitted grimly. But he needn't worry of that now, but any of it.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
ty <3

Sacrificed to the sea. The Nereides were a mysterious and beautiful women in her experiences, but now Huā found they were cruel too. Here, he will always have a safe home. It was also her masked way for apologizing for the arguement that had made them think she would ever throw them out. No, Huojin was Yuèlóng- he would have a home here as long as he desired, and the same could be said for his family.