Ankyra Sound Waltzing the waves,
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Limit Two 
Her body, dark as the abyss down below, was now tainted with the faint color of the red corals. Her body pained and hissed through it's bloody bath from the sea, the salt cleaning and burning. However, it was a clear sign, the seafang was alive.

Her jaw hooked onto flesh, and once she gained conciousness, she let go. A beach, but the next day had arrived. Sunny, but drizzling, like it always has been. She let out a hiss of pain while moving herself upwards, right next to the body she dragged with. A fellow, whose back was like the setting sun, was next to her.

Whether he was alive or not, she cannot tell.

There was a tsk in fustration, as the kraken risked her life for someone who may already be by the doors of davey jone's locker.

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Rain falls in an even tempo, a hushed lullaby over what otherwise appears as an unsettled sea. From the waves a figure struggles, dragging behind her the sodden, eerily limp form of a wolf.

He's dragged clean to shore but shows no sign of life. His tongue lolls obscenely from his mouth like Ginger as she's hauled off to the knackers. Au revoir Black Beauty, au revoir Bigvui. It's nothing but grassy plains in the hereafter for Sunny-Ra, the idiot who fell to his own demise.

Sand sticks to his fur, his cheeks, his tongue. In life, he'd hated sand with a passion. Always up in his business like an annoying ex-girlfriend. Well, doesn't matter now, does it, whether the sand or the wind stirs his hide?

Sunhawk does not move, and the ocean laps at his heels as if asking to take back the life she's claimed.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The rain drizzled on, the thunder had long been gone since her arrival, but she still awaited for its return. Especially so, onto the day she would return to the cliff she so adored. Only a visit of a moment, before brutally taken. She would need to prepare, before facing that stone-golem again, to reclaim what was rightfully hers.

She was no healer, just a warrior of the sea, a fang amonst the waves. Umbra gave a long sigh, while staring at the 'lifeless' body. She needed her own injuries healed as well, and her body felt so sore from the crash against the sea upon dipping down the cliff.

"If you're alive, wake up," the kraken commanded.

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
It wasn't the steely command of Umbra that woke Sunhawk, but the surge of a shitload of saltwater lurking in his throat.

Sunhawk bolted up with a gasp and a belch, projectile spewing a concoction that was a little bit throw-up, a little bit seawater (we call it the Housemade Cliffside Special, no refunds). The vile liquid burned the back of his throat and dribbled down his chin as he sat upright and blinked deliriously.

Umbra swam in and out of view. A few times, Sunhawk tried to rub his eyes and only got sand in them. He moaned in despair, opening and closing his eyes over and over as the world swam in and out of sense. "Wuhheyy," The Endore muttered as Umbra came blurrily into view. He remembered a cliff. A bunch of angry dues. A toothy one.. Oh, this lady.. The were fighting this lady. It was all coming together. Sunhawk piped up with a drunken slur. "Did we get 'em, cutie-petal..?"
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"You're alive." Then she would not need to be indebted into the next life. She thought he was clearly out of it, and assumed to be within lockers of the depth. Though despite what should be joyous, she remained with a neutral, and emotionless look toward him. She let out a boar-ish snort toward his remark, as it flaunted her anger.

"No. I dived to save you, and now we are even." He threw himself into the fight that may as well saved her own life, and in return, saved his. Though now she had a longing of revenge within her chest, and she needed to seek out medical attention. With a sigh, Umbra looked at the sun-man once more, before motioning to move away.

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
In cartoons when a character upchucks after near drowning experience, they draw the cute crabs, the little seashells, and nice blue water. Reality is different. Reality is uglier. Sunhawk's nose burned as vomit and inhaled saltwater came back up, spewing a gangrene-green slush onto the sand. No cute crabs scuttled off, no adorably small seashells. Just lots of nasty, nasty mess.

He rubbed the runoff on his chin off with a paw and fixed Umbra a blank look. Even, what now? His head was still spinning like a drunk's after being tossed out of the whorehouse. It took all he had just to sit up.

"Oh." Sunhawk felt another one coming up and clapped his mouth shut. His throat and cheeks burned, cheeks puffing as he forced the bile back down. "Whassername?" That meant whats your name, but Sunhawk was still concussed and slurring.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The kraken looked back, a man who seemed to drink the rotten fruit juice, delicious over time, but made one's head spin, "Umbra." While he looked like he needed help, she was no medic, and desired more-so to seek one out. Perhaps if she remembered enough, and held just a bit of kindness in her cold heart, she'd direct them to the beach.

Then again, the seafang was selfish, and wouldn't care now that they were even.

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Sunhawk was not at his Sunhawk Best. His head spun like it was on the end of a gyre. His stomach was doing flipflops like a bunny being chased across a field. Any second now he was sure he would projectile vomit all over this pretty lady's face and she would surely kill him.

Umbra. What an intimidating name for a terribly intimidating lady. Sunhawk gave his patented Sunhawk smile, half afraid some vomit might sluice through his teeth. "Nice name. S'got gravitas." Some of his characteristic humor was coming back. Just slowly. "We got opposite names." Sunhawk blathered, realizing after that he hadn't introduced himself. "Sunhawk. Why'd someone name you Umbra, did they want you to grow up into --" He drunkenly gesticulated with his paws before nearly losing his balance and toppling into the sand. "This scary thing?"
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Yours is just odd." Umbra grunted, despite being complimented, she returned with an insult. He was a very odd man, spoke of weird tongues and even his appearence was something to look at. It seemed like an eternal sun was etched onto his back, giving his name a literal 'sun,' to suit him so.

"It is none of your business," the kraken said as she narrowed her eyes. Especially as he dared call her so scary, but she didn't comment too far upon that. If she was scary, then it was a preferance, and a use for the future. A bit of pride toward that now, but nontheless, she couldn't keep talking to this man too long.

"Good luck on your own."

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Sunhawk caught himself with one forepaw and that was a good thing, because what Umbra said next probably would have floored him if he hadn't already been stabilized by the self-preservation of one saintly functioning forelimb.

Blink blink. Did she just?

Sunhawk considered his name for the first time possibly ever. "S'not odd." Sunhawk slurred, his brows coming down in a grimace of confusion and headache. Everyone in his family got a bird themed name, what was odd about that?!

He didn't have long to think about this, because Umbra shut down his question quickly. "Oouu, touchy-touchy. Okay, noted. We won't talk about family history." Not everyone was as warm or friendly as Sunny was accustomed to, and he was finding that out pretty quickly. Between Bigwig and General Woundbra, Sunhawk had amassed a fine collection of resident grumps.

"Hol' up, did you say on your own?" Sunhawk tried sliding after Umbra but winced. Nope, hurt too much. Better stay here. He scratched his head, finding Umbra's mannerisms even more odd than his name. "You can't just save a bloke and then leave him to the dogs!" Sunhawk bleated, flashing Miss Grumbridge the best, most Sunsome smile he could muster. "I might get ate by seagulls."
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She only snorted at his words, continuing her walking away. Though he seemed determine to stop this, and she turned around to give him a glare. In his condition, the seafang had confidence he could not stop her, nor' could he try to follow. She wouldn't of cared much if he did, but Umbra didn't want to be burdened by his injuries.

"You helped me," the kraken referenced to the cliff-fight, "and I helped you," as she dived off for him. There was thoughts that if she didnt do that, maybe there was a fighting chance. She could only sigh in irritation, her tail swished as she tried not to think about it anymore, "we are even."

"I owe you nothing."

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Damn, this lady was hard.

Sunhawk crawled another inch or two before the roaring protest of his ribs forced him to stop. He sat up, cheeks puffy and red.

Umbra was marching her sauceboat right off the shore and he could do puff-all.

"Don't you know about that chinese proverb?" Sunhawk called after her hopelessly. "You save a life, and you're responsible for that life for the rest of your life." Sunhawk tried to grin, but every part of him hurt so splendidly he felt like he was taking a lava-bath. "Those chinese folks have a twisted sense of humor, don't they? Plus, I'd make an awful ghost. I never shut up in real life, imagine the racket I'd make if I died at the hands of a band of seagulls. You'd never hear the end of that injustice."
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I'm not chinese." Thus, it was an irrelevant. There wasn't too many Gods she personally believed in, but knew of. God of the Sea was a horrible man, who waves destroyes anyone who disrespects him. Yet his Goddess, was gentle, and let people enter her so. Lore from the past that she never believed in, why should she believe in any ghost that should haunt her so?

"Why are you determined to come with?"

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
I'm not chinese. "Well, you're not very nice either," Sunhawk retorted under his breath, just quiet enough Umbra was unlikely to hear him. To complement the underhanded dig Sunhawk flashed a ten-thousand kilowatt smile, bright enough to blast the crusty right off this old crab.

Her question was silly but Sunhawk had the wherewithal to not yell that. Wolves were pack animals. It was in their best interest to not be alone. Didn't she know that? Did she hit her head when she fell too?

"Um. Hm." Cue Nathan Fillion 'think.gif'. "I think my ribs are broken." Sunhawk hadn't ever played the pity card, but he was considering it. "I think I might die. Maybe." Okay, dramatic - but Sunhawk enjoyed being on this side of the dirt thank you.

"I dunno. I never really thought about it, but we're both loners right? I got a friend and I follow him sometimes but, it's just lonely. You like being alone? You're the odd one. You may not be chinese but you're strange, girlfriend."
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The seafang saw him mutter something, but could not hear so. She furrowed her brows, about to demand so, because if it was an insult, she would happily break some more bones. He was already broken, Umbra saw no harm in furthering it. Though, she also spent that effort to save him so, perhaps it was only right she also ended him.

"I am not strange," the kraken roared, "I am myself." Her body lowered in a way she wanted to pounce on him so. Her fangs bared at Sunhawk.

"Find a medic, i'm not a babysitter."

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Oh shit, she really was the Kraken. Sunhawk flinched and then immediately winced, feeling agony jab up his side like a jellyfish stinger. Oh shit, that hurt.

"Oh me, whoooooooeeewww.." Sunhawk began to breathe rhythmically, panting as the pain mounted - was he seeing white, or were those spots in his vision always there..?

Sunny nearly passed out but managed to hold onto consciousness just a shred longer. His ears were so deep into his neck ruff they nearly disappeared. Umbra, Kraken, Krueger, Count Orlak - what was the difference? She was downright terrifying and Sunhawk felt his balls collect right up into his stomach as she showed him her teeth.

"I don't need a babysitter." Sunhawk mumbled, realizing at some point his slur had faded. Nice! So much for conquering brain injuries. "But if you wanted to get me some food..." He was clearly kidding, or so said his smile - which flashed on and then off in terror as he realized she could make a quick meal out of him if she wanted. "Fine then, no baby sitter. But I make a good travel companion when I'm not being chucked off cliffs." Did he have to get on his knees and grovel?
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
end?

Umbra held a blank stare at Sunhawk when he suggested she should get him some food. She also paid no mine to is exaggerations of pain, as they both fell under, but her injuries were not as severe. Prepared herself more for the dive, body was injured, and shoulder was wretched, that was the extent of so.

He definitely hit his head. Because he was a madman.

"Follow me if you wish, if you can't keep up, i'm leaving you." The kraken couldn't stop him anymore and only sighed. Though if he was behind, she had no intention to continue waiting for him.

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
If you can't keep up, I'm leaving you. Sounds like something a future ex-wife would say, but Sunhawk kept his mouth shut.

Kraken, madman, Bigvui - the list of Sunhawk's friends just grew and grew.

He hobbled after Umbra best he could. Sunhawk couldn't stop his head from spinning, but at least Umbra's tracks in the sand were easy to follow.. For now.